1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Thank You!!

Discussion in '2018' started by Chief Reef, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Chief Reef Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Well another Fest is in the books. From what I am told it was a success. Of course there is always room for improvements but overall I really enjoyed the event and wanted to take a second to thank everyone involved. Sorry if I miss your name, just know that you are still a great person. These aren't in any particular order and I am not really good at these things so just bare with me:

Thank you to @beckerj3@beckerj3 for doing the majority of the planning process as well being a hobbyist vendor during the event. You did a lot: even staying late to help tear down the venue is appreciated.

@ruggerkc@ruggerkc for volunteering during the event, bringing the community tank and equipment, as well as helping me to make sure the event ran like it should. Thank you.

@Bud@Bud for his continuing dedication to our group. I am not sure where we would be without you. Thank you for all that you did for this event and all that you do beyond.

@Kendall@Kendall for volunteering throughout the event, as well as taking pictures at the fest. It's always a pleasure seeing you, sir. Thank you.

@Maureen@Maureen sorry you couldn't make the show and I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for staying on top of graphics and getting the event shirts made. I really like them!

@Jeff@Jeff For manning the community tank and always providing great frags and conversation! Thank you!

@jeffmr4@jeffmr4 for showing up and manning the raffle table. You were very nice in continuing to ask where help was needed. Thank you! Always good seeing you, buddy

@corey.nolta@corey.nolta for doing some promoting and designing the graphics. Awesome job man, thank you.

@Easy E@Easy E for manning the admissions table the whole time. Sorry I forgot the Halloween candy! thank you, sir.

@Pygmey@Pygmey for hooking us up with Tullio Dellaquilla and accommodating him during his stay. As well as being a hobbyist vendor, thanks man!

@Aaron@Aaron Nebergall for volunteering the night before and after the event. You put in some hard work with your son as well. thank you!

Thanks to @mattman319@mattman319 for helping to plan the event, getting the raffle items, and helping break down after the event. Tell your dad thanks too!!

Thank you to all the vendors and to Tullio Dellaquilla, El Gringo Loco taco truck, and Ken at the Teamsters Union for working the event and being very kind and accomodating. Again sorry if I miss anyone. Feel free to give yourself a shoutout in the comments.

@GIRS Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Pygmey Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    You forgot one! Andrew thanks for your hard work making sure the place was open and everything that was needed was either found or you sat in the corner making :)

3. Kendall Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Dike, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    I agree with Pygmey - you did a lot prior to the event and all day Saturday to help make it a successful event! Thanks for all you did!

Its always good hanging out with the group and seeing everyone. I always learn a ton and can’t wait until the next one!

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I want to add my thanks to everyone that helped to make it a success. Andrew did a great job working closely with me in the planning phase - and then a great job executing - the night before and day of the event. And we couldn't do it without everyone that helped the day of the show!

Thanks to all the vendors and everyone else that came to the show. I hope you all came away with some great corals, fish, and invertebrates.