1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Thank you to the Board of Directors and volunteers!

Discussion in '2008' started by slovan, Nov 16, 2008.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fall Fest was beyond my expectations and I am extremely happy to see the hardwork paid off.  Thank you to David M., Aaron J., Lee W., Ryan B. and Andrew M.  You guys were a big help at the show!
    A big thank you to those who volunteered to help plan the event.  David M., Joel T., Fawn W. and David H.
    I would also like to thank the Board of Directors.  Billy G., Jeremy M., Joel T., Steph S. Craig J., Bill K., Jason G. and Jason B.  Each person brought something different to the table and the event couldn't have turned out better!

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks everyone, it was really a great event! It was really amazing..... great speakers, great sponsors, great turnout, wonderful volunteers, lots of coral; awesome event /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

3. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since this was my first event I can't compare it to any other like it.  But I was very impressed with every single aspect.  The planning, the crowd, the vendors, their set ups and items for sale, the raffle prizes.  Congrats to Jason and Jeremy for their winnings.  I can't believe all the water was taken.  I saw the pallets Friday night and couldn't imagine that it'd all be gone.
    I know there was some doubt about having the fest at a place as big as the Isle of Capri, but now all doubts are vanquished next year I think will be better once the word gets out that about this past weekend.
    Now there's a spring fest right?

4. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I HOPE SO!

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The BOD did great! A much better turnout then I ever expected! I was so busy checking out all the vendors that I missed most of the speakers, so I hope we can get the videos on the website.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, there won't be a "Spring Fest" for a couple of reasons.
    1) I don't think the BOD can plan 2 events like this a year and still run the club.
    2) Rockford has there big event in the spring, so there is really not a need.
    We will probably have a smaller frag swap with raffle this spring in the Des Moines area provided that the Des Moines trustee wants to do that.
    -JB

7. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alright, I saw some fliers for last years spring show at the Blank Park Zoo and didn't know if that was a regular thing or not.

8. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A big ole thank you to all that helped plan,setup,work the booths and pass out info. A very friendly event. I met lots of good people.

:)

9. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I actually become the Des Moines trustee I would be thrilled to head up an event in Des Moines. I am happy that Fall Fest went well. I am very sorry I was not able to attend and help more.
    Did the projector work out OK?