1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Thank you to someone...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle, Nov 25, 2008.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody,
        I just want to say thank you to the person I got live copepods and amphipods from(on a coral frag no doubt). They have helped to solve my cyanobacteria problem. No more red slime.!!!  YEA!!  I was gonna use a chemical treatment, but these little buggers are cleaning up the tank also. :)
      So wherever they came from, thank you! :) I was gonna buy some to add to the tank anyway.This worked out great.They also eat the extra phytoplankton in the tank.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking it must be a coincidence. Did you do large water chang or change anything else? I am very happy things are getting better, but pods aren't gonna get rid of cyano. Again, great it is going away though. Maybe phosphates and Nitrates ahave also went down or you added some more flow??

3. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    joe, everything is still the same, I did add a large live rock last week.But I had some red slime on the side glass up top and on an area of the bottom. Each day more is gone? I did add 3 red turbo snails after the frag fest. Could it be them?

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More likely snails than pods. I am not sure if they would eat it or not. Do you see them on it? What are your nitrate and phosphate readings? Lighting still the same? Lighting hours?

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More likely the rock. They have much better nutrient export.