1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Test-kits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MULE, Dec 2, 2008.

1. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be picking up some test kits this week.What  brand does everyone recomend?

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Salifert is a good brand

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I use Salifert as well, they are kinda pricey but have always been accurate IMO.

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lamotte ...I just started using Lamotte and they are by FAR better than anything I have used by a long shot!

You can get them at Premium Aquatics...best part is that you can buy refills cheap!

I bought an alk kit for 24.00 and refills are only 9.95 for 50 tests...and these are a quality that none of the others can touch not even the Elos kits that are so big right now.

5. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 12/03/2008 12:29 AM
    Lamotte ...I just started using Lamotte and they are by FAR better than anything I have used by a long shot!
    You can get them at Premium Aquatics...best part is that you can buy refills cheap!
    I bought an alk kit for 24.00 and refills are only 9.95 for 50 tests...and these are a quality that none of the others can touch not even the Elos kits that are so big right now.
    I agree, best kits out there for sure.

6. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the elos kits, they read very well.
    However they don't offer everything you need so which they don't have I supplement with sailfert kits

7. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can say this:

API kits are very common, but not very accurate. I can make my nitrate test say whatever I want, rather than relying on the result and knowing it's right.

8. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all .I called the pet shop today and was told that all they sell is the tetra test kit.Tetra....is'nt tetra to test kits what the yugo was to cars?

9. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shoot forgot to add....What do you test for ?.I was thinking just phos.and nitrate.I will have a softy only tank