1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Website Items, Issues & Feedback' started by JB, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I had to delete my account from tapatalk then add it again in order to make it work. I have had to do this twice now. Seems like that error I mentioned before is TT related.

2. IowaJeeping

IowaJeeping

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wish when you searched it put thing in order by date and get PM's to work

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

JB,

I am currenly via App 2 and I had to do a update per a message when I opened tapatalk telling me it was outdated and needed updated. I then updated and now for some reason I can browse using the Tapatalk app, but when I join girs all it does is loading screen and flash of and on the current topics. I can't even get to the other forums with out it going back to the first forum.

If you have any other questions let me know. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but deleteing and then finding the girs again does not work.

My current phone is a Motorola Razer

Thanks

KP

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I haven't made any changes to the forum (including Tapatalk integration) for months.

The problem is that the Tapatalk people keep changing random stuff in their API and client and they are terrible at communicating/documenting anything with a shred of accuracy. This really undermines 3rd party developers who try and build stuff to work with their system.

For the record, the iPhone version still works fine with the exception of some character encoding issues.

-JB

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That's gotta be frustrating. I use TT2 for iPhone and I've been having a recurring issue since that upgrade. I describe if under this sub forum under the 'Tapatalk 2' topic. About every 2 days if crashes and I have to delete GIRS from my list, search again, and login. Then it works for a few days again. I told Kyle to try this but apparently it's not the same for android. :(

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I used my sons iPhone and it works but it has the strange numbers you talked about turbo
    Sent via App 2

7. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the latest round of "upgrades" makes this forum not work for me either. Android version goes to something called a "timeline" and just keeps refreshing over and over and over, and you can't do anything.

I am pretty ticked at the developer (as are a LOT of other people). I paid for the Tapatalk app, then they "upgrade" you to their new version, but NOT to the paid one. They "upgrade" you to a limited free one and you have to pay again to get a full-featured version. There are stories of people that bought just a week before the "upgrade" and now they have nothing either. They didn't even let you keep the older paid version. Forced upgrade to crap.

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah noticed that too..
    Sent via App 2

9. mpivit Well-Known ReefKeeper

Dubuque
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    Ditto, I have tapatalk 4 on my android work phone and it does not work. Tapatalk HD on my i pad works just fine though. Still no PMs though.

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I use the timeline almost exclusively. Same as clicking 'active topics'.

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

All right that makes sense. Thanks for quick reply JB

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this. I know that JB said it's difficult to keep up with the changes that the TT guys make, which is understandable so here is my current work-around. Maybe it's just my phone. iPhone 4 8GB running Tapatalk 2. I get this screen on initial log-in

[​IMG]

Which is fine, it works for a few days and then this screen pops up again, and it stops working all together and I get this message whenever I go to a thread:

[​IMG]

...I have to delete GIRS off the list and then search for it again:

[​IMG]

and login. Then the cycle repeats. Seems to happen very consistenly every 2 days. Very odd. So if you are having this issue, the above steps are a good solution and it only takes a few minutes every couple days.

13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes same thing happen when I setup my sons iphone5c for tapatalk.

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    For the record, I haven't run into this on my iPhone 5s using either Tapatalk or Tapatalk Pro. Granted, I probably don't use it nearly as much as you guys do.

15. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just installed the Tapatalk app on my son's Iphone to see if it would work better on an Iphone. He has a Iphone5c and I only used it once two days ago or so when I started having problems with my Android. It also displaces letters with numbers and characters in middle of words and stuff. I will have to try Pro, but I didn't see pro for Iphone only for Android.

KP

16. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just updated our Tapatalk plugin. Should solve character encoding issue and hopefully work better on some Android clients.

Let me know if it's better/worse.

-JB

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Cool, will have to check it out. I forgot to mention that it stopped crashing on my a while back. I haven't had to do the delete/search thing for a while now

18. klmule Well-Known ReefKeeper

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Should I uninstall and reinstall

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    shouldn't have to

20. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have a Android too. I am using the Razer also , but my Tapatalk work ok. The only real problem I have seen is that it "Failed to connect to the forum,please contact your forum administrator and so forth!

KP