1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank tour

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by matt1971, Apr 18, 2009.

1. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    This was definately a worthwhile event. I have already forgot the names of the web sites we discussed for zoas/mushrooms/etc. though. If any members didn't get to make it today and want to see mine (lots of mushrooms)- just pm me. If anyone saw something they liked and would want it or a piece of it just let me know... I like to trade.

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a good time too. I think we need to do a group order here in a couple of weeks

Thanks to everyone that stopped by

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    yep nice tour,

I always come home inspired after seeing what everyone else is doing.

4. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes it was a good time,everyones tanks looked great but a sad note i found out why no one could see my eel,well i found him on the floor last night dead. when i cleaned the glass tops the day before i forgot a small three inch piece and that is were he slipped out.he was one of the biggest snowflakes i have ever seen and i had him for over seven years.i feel terrible because it is my fault and i should have made sure when i put the tops back on that everything was in place,this was not the first time it happened either. a few years back he got out and was on the floor for over three hours,found him all dried up and covered in dog hair,but when i went to through him away he twitched and shocked as i was i through him back in his tank and a few hours later it was like nothing happened.this time around he was still moist and i did put him in a bucket of water for awhile but it was to late.

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That sucks about the eel man.

The two sites I mentioned on the tour was:

milehighaquatics.com - They have very nice ricordea mushrooms and zoas. They have really good prices too, just email him a list of what you prolly want and what you would want the prices on. He bases some of the prices on how much you order. Rics average out to about $15 per shroom. The Zoas have prices.

pacificeastaquaculture.com - This place always has good frag deals. $99 for 12 frags of your choice of sps, lps, zoas, or softies. $99 for 20 zoa frags, but they may be duplicates and not as bright as the 99/12 deal. Then they also have 6 frags for $49. They have nice mushrooms, about $10/shroom for regulars and closer to $20 or so for rics.

It was nice seein everyone on the tour!

Adam

6. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Lost a fimbriated eel that I had for years the same way. It was my own fault. Sorry to hear.