1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Tour Sunday the 11th?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by reeffreak3652, Nov 4, 2007.

1. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just figured someone should get the ball rolling on this so what does everyone say? Next Sunday work for everyone? If you are willing to show off your tank and are available that day Let me know. I will gather all willing participants names, and adresses and map out a route that is most convenient for us with the least amount of backtracking. It will be a great way to see what everyone else in the area has for equipment, livestock, and husbandry skills. Not to mention someone might even have that special coral that you have been looking for and you didnt even know it. Im sure it will encite at least a few coral trades.

Josh

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, next sunday probably wouldn't work for me. I've had stuff going on the last few weekends and I really need to give my wife a break. My gut feeling is that people are probably going to need more than 1 weeks notice.

Thanks for getting it organized though!

JB

3. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well at least we have a thread going for people to throw out their availability schedule now so hopefully we can get this thing put together. When is good for you JB? I can pretty much always make time.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty flexible, I just need more than a week or two of notice. I'd vote for sometime in early december just so that people have enough time to plan for things.

-JB

5. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2nd or 9th of December anyone?

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Either of those would probably work for me, but I'd prefer the 9th.

7. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those dates would probably work for me, but I'm 15 minutes south of IC, so not too sure who's willing to drive down this far?

8. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be in for either the 2nd or the 9th which ever works for everyone else.
    If someone has a big enough vehicle we could meet in a central location and all Caravan around together.
    We would each have to come of a couple of dollars for the driver, but would be kinda of fun.
    We could finish up at my place if everyone wants. I have 6 beer taps in my basement /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

9. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey, i'd like to be in on this whenever it happens... i have a hard enough time keeping up with girs on rc, let alone girs on girs.... wow, add an "L" in there and it could get interesting.....
    anyhow, i'll try to keep up with this thread, it would be nice if we could all either use the girs site OR rc, kind of makes sense.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By calebjk on 11/09/2007 10:04 PM
    it would be nice if we could all either use the girs site OR rc, kind of makes sense.
    The idea is to move away from RC and use our own site more.

11. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 11/10/2007 9:09 AM
    The idea is to move away from RC and use our own site more.
    yeah, growing pains.... i probably shouldn't post when i am tired, i get kind of a bad attitude. anyhow, sorry.

12. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So what's the status on this? If we can pick an official date, I'll post a news item about it.

-JB

13. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It seems like the 9th would be the best for everyone so lets just plan on having it then.

14. Bullet

Bullet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 11/05/2007 9:17 AM
    We could finish up at my place if everyone wants. I have 6 beer taps in my basement /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    I may even come home for this one if this is the case.  Who keeps 6 kegs on tap in their basement?!!!!.....You are my hero [​IMG]

15. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thats kinda what i was thinking...umm so then whatever happens....we are ending at CyberJesters house!!!!

16. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, if someone is OFFICIALLY organizing this, please PM me so I know for sure, and I will get it posted on the home page.

-JB

17. reeffreak3652

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have messaged you JB, are they not working?

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I got it. I just haven't had time to make the news post yet.

Let's consider it official for the 9th and try and start figuring out where the stops will be.

-JB

19. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In order to avoid confusion with dates, I started a new thread about this with the official date (December 9th).