1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank tour suggestion for the membership, Please view and vote

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Mar 2, 2009.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    While at the GIRs state meeting this weekend, I was approached by a GIRs member about an idea.
    I will not disclose names here in case stones are thrown!
    Anyway, if any of you ride motorcycles you are familiar with the concept of a poker run.
    For those of you that ain't, here is the skinny on what it is.
    You go around and do different stops (Bikers, this is usually a bar!) you get a card at each stop.
    From these cards that you get from the different stops, you build the best hand you can.
    the top hands win prizes. 
    I was approached about apply this idea to the tank tours, I personally think it would be fun.
    However, for it to be really fun, we would have to get a good turnout for the event as well as everyone would have to pay to be on the tour (only $5 or $10 dollars) to pay for the prizes, or we would have to find LFS willing to donate to the cause, they may be willing if they are a stop on the tour.  I would be willing to approach them on the idea.  ALL money paid (If the membership pays) would go toward the prizes or local events as prizes would have to be purchased ahead of time.  We could even just do a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prizes.
    So anyway please vote on the idea and see what you think about the idea.
    It would kind of add a new twist to an old event.
    Sincerely,
    CyberJester (Jeremy)
    GIRs CR/IC area Trustee

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i think it sounds like a good idea but what if i still want to throw a stone,:)

3. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By fnvarner on 03/03/2009 07:06 AM
    i think it sounds like a good idea but what if i still want to throw a stone,:)
    Well then it is always best to throw the stone you have at the president, Jason could we borrow you for a moment? [​IMG]

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Throw away.....