1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank tour and meeting

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by SGM, Jul 21, 2009.

1. SGM

SGM Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I am not going to be able to make the tour either, Is it possible to reschedule it? I have a wedding to go to that day, just found that out by the wife.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This spring when we tried to rescredule it fell apart and didn't happen. I would rather not but if others want to try it is fine with me.

3. SGM

SGM Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok, keep me posted. I would be game the next weekend after that.

4. John50

John50 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, wish we could join but my brother will be here from out of state that day. Definitely will check out the next one! :)

5. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think that I will come +1-2 others. You guys can stop, look at the carnage and preach proper reefkeeping tactics!

Dave

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Dave, that's great that you can join us and putting your tank as a stop on the tour! That's 2 for Altoona! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My friend Rob will be w/me. If i can get him to let us stop by that is +1 for WDM. He lives kinda out there and may not be up to a large tank tour? 300+ gallon in wall!!! very nice set-up!!!

8. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Talk him into it Dave, he would have the largest tank on the tour!

9. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    woo hoo i'm excited :)

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Brett, where are you located?
    GIRS - Summer Des Moines Tank Tour

Date: Saturday August 15th     Time: 1 PM

Tanks on the tour (no order yet)
    Dave (billbigsbee)
    Brett - Petland - ?
    Cagri - Urbandale
    Sone (Slovan) - Altoona
    People going on tour
    Stuart (SGM)
    Cagri
    Sone (Slovan)
    Chris (Snowman)
    Jeanette (Becker)
    Brett - Petland
    John (Cowdust)
    Dave-DSM
    DoubleDn
    Rustin (Austin)
    Nijaxx777 (Matt)
    Troy from CR??

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK we have our order and meeting place.
    Saturday at 1PM at the Petland Jordan Creek. Bretts tank is there and they are a sponsor so that is a perfect place to start.
    Then the tour will go to Urbandale to Cagris beautiful 300 Gallon Tang paradise!
    Then on to Daves tank in need (his words). He had an unforeseen crash and is looking for advise on what happened and how to keep it from happening again.
    Last stop at Sones to see the LE Coral capital of Des Moines. I have been looking forward to seeing his tank for quite some time
    We should be set to go.

12. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dang, wanted to catch up on these tanks!!! Hope there is another tour this fall. I would like to see what Sone has to offer for frags or what he might be fragging in the future.

13. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hate to let you down but my tank isn't all that. I have a lot of work to do to get it to where I want it to be. It is basically a frag tank right now since I lost big pieces of SPS when I moved. However, you guys are welcomed to come see it. :)

14. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, but I'll bet it is full of a bunch of corals we have never seen. I know I have two from you now that I had never seen. But modesty is a virtue.

15. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if i will be making it, i would love to but it may not be till later for the altoona ones possibly, i do have to work now saturday and i'm not turning down any overtime right now. we are broke as a joke. damn weddings.. haha

16. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Update! My friend Rob is giving us the invite to his place! I figured that we will all meet up at Petland and cruise to his place (about 10-15 min away), and procede from there? He recently had a avalanche and lost a bunch of corals but that kind of stuff happens with a 4 foot verticle rock wall!!! As for my tank I am pretty sure that my empty pocket book, bad rodi filters and old bulbs were the perfect combination for disaster! Someone along the line said "its better to have loved and lost, than had never loved at all" but it suks carrying 5 gallon buckets to the trash full of dead corals!

Dave

17. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Brandon (gb387) Im sure that between all of us we can call you in sick to work or something!!!LOL

18. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dave, I assume this is Rob from Toyota correct? If so he has also contacted me and is on the tour.
    So the order will now be:
    Brett @ Petland
    Rob (Doubledn)
    Cagri
    Dave (Billbigsbe)
    Sone (Slovan)
    Saturday the 15th starting @ 1PM at Petland.

19. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    10-4 Joel, Although he has been really busy @ work it should be Rob(cash4clunkers)!!!! If ya need a Toyota Rob's the man!

20. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

if im not to late in saying so id like to attend