1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank tear down special....

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Waverz, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am going to be tearing my 125 gallon reef down soon.  I have sold most of the corals and fish but there is a bunch of stuff leftover I would like to sell.
    Here are some of the items for sale, if you need pics let me know.
    Giant Green Mushroom Rock- Make Offer
    6" Purple Polyp Birdsnest Colony- $30
    5" Rainbow Montipora Colony - $30
    GIANT  Showpiece Red Cap probably 30" around - Make offer
    12" Green with Purple Rim Cap - Make offer
    10" Idaho Grape Cap - $30
    6" Teal Stag- $15
    12" Microthalma Colony- $25
    ORA German Green Blue Polyp- Make Offer (needs lots of TLC)
    Giant 4 Bar Damsel - Free
    All Glass 72" x 18" x 24" 125 Gallon Aquarium with CPR External overflow and aqualifter pump- $200
    If anyone is interested in any of this stuff let me know, if I can't sell it, lots of it it will either be thrown away or be used for calcium reactor media later next week, I am open to any reasonable offers and am willing to give certain items away for free if you want them bad enough.
    I should also add, I am not getting out of the hobby, I plan on keeping my 29 gallon up and work on plans for a 300 gallon sometime in 2010.
    Please feel free to PM me with offers or questions.
    Thanks
    Jeremy M

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When are you hoping to get everything out by?

The green mushroom rock I might like to get for the Library Tank. They should be getting the renovations done in a 4 to 6 weeks from now, then I can set up the tank. I'll email them tomorrow to see their progress.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would like to see pictures of some of your corals if possible i am interested in alot of your corals robin

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here are a few pics of whats left, I have a bunch more other little odds and ends as well. Keep in mind the Acros will need to be treated for Flatworms and several of the colonies will have Mojanos or "Tulip Anemones" and will need to be either picked off or treated. 
    Mushroom Rock
    [​IMG]
    Caps and Birdsnest
    [​IMG]
    Microthalma and ORA German Green Blue Polyp
    [​IMG]
    Keep in mind the ORA German Blue Polyp goes for $50-$80 an inch, the colony i have is pretty good size but like i said needs treated and some TLC.
    As far as holding stuff for the library tank goes, I won't have anywhere to keep it here nor do I really want to deal with transporting it anywhere.  Sorry.

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy, why wouldn't you just put whatever doesn't sell in your sumps downstairs and just keep that running til the next tanks together?

Also, I've heard bad things about putting old corals in calcium reactor. I'm not sure the terminology but it's mostly calcium phosphate and it raises phosphates to undesirable levels...

I would like to stop by and buy some things but I spent way too much money this weekend already, I'm gonna be pushing it pretty close to make it til next weeks payday...

6. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    What kind of flat worms do you have are they AEFW or red plenera?

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The flatworms are the AEFW variety, and let me tell you they suck.

As far as keeping things running downstairs, it could be a year or maybe more before i get another big tank going, I plan to build the basement into a master bedroom,
    i don' think the wife would be to thrilled with a couple big *** tubs of saltwater with 100% humidity sitting in the corner.

I haven't done research on it but what do you think calcium reactor media is made out of when you buy it? 
    Maybe they are "Phosphate free" dead corals?  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/doze.gif
    I guess I can see if a coral still had tissue on it or whatever but if it's just a skeleton, where do the phosphates come from?

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Everything sold except the tank.