1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank rebuild.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nik, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well after losing all my coral to a low salt condition caused by a uncalibrated refractometer. I have started rebuilding. A big thanks to T_Braz and Smittybuilt for coming over and helping me catch a zoa eating velvet damsel and making my rock work look amazing! I could never keep zoas and removed 3-4 fish that i thought were the culprits. Only to wind up putting a time lapse camera on the tank and finding out it was the only fish I had left from when I started about 6 or 7 years ago. A 5inch blue velvet damsel. So now I have zoas going! I will be posting pictures every week so I can track the progress.

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20040_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20039_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20038_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20037_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20036_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20035_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20034_1.JPG

Enjoy!/Portals/0/2-8-15%20033_1.JPG/Portals/0/2-8-15%20032_1.JPG

/Portals/0/2-8-15%20031_1.JPG

2. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I will try and get better pictures later.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Looks very good Nik! Congrats on getting the zoa eater ID'd and getting it out :0) Look forward to seeing the progression!!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @Nik@Nik I assume this is the post you were referring to. Unfortunately, these pics are gone...for some reason when I dumped the old server, these pics were not copied over, I'm guessing there was a formatting problem with the filenames and they got skipped. This happened to a group of pics that were in a certain directory but this is the first instance that I've come across it when trying to fix posts. The old system had like 6 ways to upload pics and these were done in one of the odd ways, so the filenames were saved in a weird place with odd filenames. I actually think I found where they were supposed to be and I have other files in that folder but these were missing...sorry