1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help!! Tank causing issues for Air Conditioner??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek34, May 29, 2018.

1. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Did whoever you called bother to wash the condenser(coil on the outside)? You might look at it and spray it off with a garden hose, not a pressure washer. Grass clippings, cottonwood seeds pretty much anything gets sucked into it and reduces the capacity of your ac.

2. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Try to wash straight down so you don't push everything further in, forgot that tidbit. If it's really packed on try a shop vac first.

3. sounds like your HVAC guy needs to come to terms that he is a horrible troubleshooter,..=)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Update... Yesterday I did a little bit of digging. Checked the model number of the AC. Found out you can use the model number to figure out how many tons it is. Based on the tonnage you can calculate what it can cover for sq footage of house. Come to find out the AC is 1.5 ton. Based on the house sq ft I should have at least a 2.5 ton AC. I really don't understand why it took me to figure this out. This should have been one of the first things the repair guy checked out once he found that the AC was working properly... One more point for the old adage....If you want something done right, do it yourself.

5. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    So it was the same issue as mine. Unit is too small for the house

Sent from my iPhone via App

6. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yep it appears so if my math was correct!

7. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Luckily the contractor ate mine under warranty

Sent from my iPhone via App