1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank's Sone, I might need to tweak it a bit.  Overall I'm pretty happy, the rock is nice and secure, I shouldn't have to worry about rock slides.  My Chromis are little concerned about their lack of open water.

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job aquascaping! it's great to see another tank that doesn't just have a "rock wall", not that there's anything wrong with that - I just prefer the look of rockwork like yours (and others in the forum like Sone, Brad, myself, Ryan H are some I've seen recently that come to mind)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank's Philby, I think it will be easy to grow coral on this configuration. 

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tank is looking great....

Cant wait to see it full of corals!

eins

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 01/04/2008 8:23 AM
    Tank is looking great....

Cant wait to see it full of corals!

eins
    Thanks,  I can't wait till it grow in.  Coral's are kind of on hold until I recover from the holiday spending.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I stopped by AE yesterday morning, Einstein said they had some nice ric's and acan's.  But as luck would have it most of them were already spoken for.  I did score some nice zoas however.
    These kind of look like blue halo paly's  (Only $22.00)
    [​IMG]
    Orange w\white center zoos
    [​IMG]

7. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Al

Those Zoos look nice...I didnt see them. For 22.00 I would have considered getting them.
    Nice score....I like the orange w/white centers

eins

8. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Al -

I just read your whole thread. The tank is looking great!! I think you'll really like the T5 lighting - it's amazingly bright, and nice even coverage. Do your clowns get to move in there at some point? Max and I were really excited to hear that they're doing well! They were our first saltwater fish. The person who I bought them from was Snapcrackler on Reef Central - his first name was Eric. If I remember right he had them for at least a year, then I had them for almost a year - so they have got to be 3+ years old at the very least.

Looking forward to more updates!
    Anna /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet zoa's!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eins - I was kind of surprised when I came across them and they had $22.00 written on the side of the tank.  I talked to one of the AE guys and he said their going to be ordering more colorful popular coral's.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anna - Thank you for the kind words. Thank's for the info on the clown's I was wondering how old the were.  The clowns have been in there for a few weeks and seem happy, they eat well.
    Robyn - AE gets some nice stuff every so often, you've got be quick on your feet though. They told me shipments come in tuesday through friday.