1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel, I'll give it a try it it screws up I'll drop something else in.  I've used azoo power heads on my nano and never had any issues.  I've been reading some bad things about Ebo Jager heaters lately and it seems like everythings up in the air as far as equipment goes.  I wanted to get won pro heat titanium, I've used them before, and it was great.  But F&S doesn't sell them and shipping's been eating me alive so that's why I went with it.

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    All heaters are junk and none are to be trusted. It is probably one of the best reason to get an aquacontroller

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By covey on 11/28/2007 6:35 PM
    All heaters are junk and none are to be trusted. It is probably one of the best reason to get an aquacontrollerI guess I need to read up on aqua controller's.  I'll probably pick one up in the future.

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry for being O.T. but I think I might get a AC too. not that I'll ever use some of it but the built in safeties will make being away much less worrisome. Your tank is looking like it is coming together. If you need a hand with anything feel free to call.

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By vvolfe1 on 11/28/2007 10:22 PM
    sorry for being O.T. but I think I might get a AC too. not that I'll ever use some of it but the built in safeties will make being away much less worrisome. Your tank is looking like it is coming together. If you need a hand with anything feel free to call.
    The expense is worth the ability to be free from anxiety attacks associated with not knowing whats going on with your tank.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I painted the plexiglas background, I finished the plumbing, I mount the american dj power switch.  I checked with premium aquatics, they'll be shipping shipping lights starting tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get the lights early next week, unless mine come in a later shipment.  I'm gonna start filling it tomorrow, finally[​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's a pic

[​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to buy something to route my power cords (keep the out of the way)  to the American DJ power supply.  Any suggestions?

10. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's a really clean setup, Al!  I like it.

As far as routing your wires and keeping it looking neat, you have a lot of options.  I hope others will chime in to give you ideas.  Velcro is nice to keep wires together.  The big thing for me is to be able to take out a pump or something without having to take 5 minutes to take it out because everything is all wrapped up.  I use these cord bundlers that are pretty nice.  The rubber loop hooks on so it's easy to get things out.  http://cableorganizer.com/cord-bundler/  Or you could try some woven wrap.  http://cableorganizer.com/woven-wrap/  Maybe these mounting bases might help. http://cableorganizer.com/adhesive-base/  If anything, browse the site to see if it'll spark any ideas for you. 

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank's Sone, I'll check them out

12. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Al, Check HomeDepot/Menards or Lowes in the electrical department. Some have the electrical races that go in starter panels. They are like a 2" plastic C channel with a front cover. They are very easy to use and very easy to get a cord out if needed.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll check them out, I go to Lowes almost everyday, been spending most of my time in the plumping and hardware areas.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The tanks filling, I started lasted night at around 7:30.  It's about half full.

15. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Does that sump keep the water level the skimmer pump is sitting in constant?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By covey on 11/30/2007 1:57 PM
    Does that sump keep the water level the skimmer pump is sitting in constant?
    Yes, the only area that varies is in the return chamber.

17. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Al, going back and looking at your picture...is the output of the skimmer discharging right back into the same chamber the skimmer is drawing water from?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i had a heater fail 5 years ago on a 29 reef i had lost it all

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's going back there. If it's going to be a problem I guess I could create something out of acrylic to put in there.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jtesdall said he doesn't care for Azoo heaters, I'm inclined to agree with him.  It is hard to adjust, it doesn't have a thermo sensor like my won pro heat did.  I'm would like to get a won pro heat 200, but all I can find is the 50's and the digital 1000 costs $149.00.