1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tang Suggestions for a 90...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Nov 13, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would like some suggestions on a tang for my 90, I have had a Yellow tang not sure that I want another.  I want something different with lots of color maybe????  Any help would be great!

2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One that stays small, so yellow, powder brown, and powder blue. No Naso's, Hippos, sailfins or Sohals

3. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    White cheek tangs are pretty cool...only need 70 gallons.

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    If it's a 4' tank I'd say you'd be alright for most as long as they are small when you buy them. I've had yellows, sailfins, purples, powder browns and blues and a kole in my 75's and my 120 without issues

5. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you considered a Ctenochaetus tominiensis (Flame Fin Tang) (Tomini Tang). I would also second the Kole tang...both of these stay relatively small (

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions guys - if there are others I am still open to more suggestions. This has given me some good ideas.

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Convict Tang is one that grows to about 5 inches in length. It is also one of the more peaceful tangs.

8. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, just got a powder blue... just couldn't pass him up very healthy looking - about 3 inches. Looks healthy, eats and swims a ton. Couldn't be happier with the purchase, I hope to get another tang just not sure what one will be next.

9. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The powder might not take to kindly to having another tang introduced after it. I've heard that they get territorial.

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By kgehrke on 12/14/2008 05:49 PM
    The powder might not take to kindly to having another tang introduced after it. I've heard that they get territorial. I have heard that as well but some say they have had luck...  that said I hope to be moving to a 120 early next year and at that time I plan on getting another tang.