1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

T5s: Good news/bad news!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vikubz, May 22, 2009.

1. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The good news is that with the upgrade in lighting my corals have really taken off.
    The bad news is that with the upgrade in lighting my corals have really taken off.
    I sense a frag tank in my future.

2. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hah... agreed. Maybe me too. Original bulbs still? I've been thinking about upgrading to ATI/guisseman german made bulbs. Reekgeek carries them.Just got my second t5ho-current nova extreme and I like it more than the catalina.Very well built.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    HAHA, what lighting did you previously have and what lighting did you switch to?

4. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    From 4X65 pc to 8X54 t5ho, and from 6X65 pc to 4x54 t5ho.

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is that really a bad thing?!

6. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I switched from a coralife 4x65 watt pc to a catalina 4x54 watt. I still have the original bulbs. I am also thinking of trying one of the other makes of bulb. Right now it's 10K and acntinics half and half. Are ATI and/or Geismann the best brands?

When you start keeping corals you hope to some day have a tank where everything is healthy and growing and teeming with critters. Then your wish comes true and then some.

7. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm in favor of them. They have some bulbs with a range of spectrums. For example they have a bulb that has a lot of blue but also has a decent par value. I've received a lot of advise about what combinations of bulbs to use in a 4,6, and 8 bulb fixture by reading the posts under lighting on reef central. Reefgeeks is a good place to get them and I see that xroads is planning an order soon from them.