1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Help!! T5 light fixture problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beckerj3, Feb 24, 2017.

1. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Yes. I had the reef brite tech blue led bars. Front and back. The L brackets come with the reef brite. It bolts right up to the ATI Sunpower. I just took the bolts that hold the end of fixture together out put the led up and put same bolt back in. No holes drilled.
    I don't have that fixture anymore. I am in process of tank upgrade an I will be using metal halides.

2. DNW

Jesup, IA
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would go with the 3rd one with no wires. That will probably be the easiest to replace as long as you have access to a pair of wire strippers, and a small standard screw driver. That unit has has push connect fittings. Just cut the wires near as close to the old ballast, strip them back and insert them into the holes there should be a tiny button to release the grasp that will need pushed in while inserting the wires.

3. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Any of the 3 will work. The 1 from BRS looks like the wiring would need to be changed on the side with the yellow wires, not a big deal. The programmed start is actually easier on the lamps, I would think they are all that way now.

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks! Looks like I will go with the ATI ballast from ATI. Since everyone things that it will work, that looks to be the best choice.

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Instant start vs programmed start is just the starting method, programmed start is when you flip the switch and it takes a second or two for the lamps to come on, instant start is when they come on immediately. As @sjones@sjones said, programmed is easier on the lamps (longer life)

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!

I ordered the ATI ballast from BRS. It came yesterday afternoon (I was out of town).

Today I SUCCESSFYLLY installed it in my light fixture!!!!! Thanks to everyone for their advice and help. I am amazed that I was able to accomplish this!

Yesterday I was in Omaha and saw a tank that had the 24" ATI hybrid. I really, really like the color and output from that fixture. Too bad they did a poor design on it for a 48" tank!

7. sjones

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Good job!

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Woot! Woot! You go Girl!!