1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

sump

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HELLO im looking for a 29 gallon tank mabey a 40 gallon to make a better sump for my 55 reef tank if any one had one please shoot me a pm or a email lettin gme know how much i only have 10-11 inches wide under stand so a 40 might not work a 29 might not work hight and lenght dont matter just the with thanks so much if any one has any thing to offer im all ears i think this would be the best way mabey im wrong

2. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

20 long tanks work pretty good and you can get them pretty cheap at Petsmart. The 29 would work, but the height makes them a little hard to work in especially when they are placed in a stand. Getting a skimmer in and out as well as trying to work in them cleaning, etc is hindered.

Billy

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Billy a 20L makes a nice sump, I had one that I planned on using but it wouldn't fit well in my stand.  I opted to go with a 20H, the 20L has been sold.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill make a sumps out of a tub i dont thik i can fit a 20 l i only have 10 icnhes wide

5. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By keith on 11/22/2007 7:18 PM
    ill make a sumps out of a tub i dont thik i can fit a 20 l i only have 10 icnhes wide
    hey keith whats up.
     im pretty sure  that a 20 high is 24x12x16 and a 20 long is 30x12x12.
    your 55 should be 13 inches wide so your stand should be too.
    i have a crapload of 20 gallon tanks here, measure the dimensions under your stand and we will see if a 20 will fit.
    ill give you a tank if it will, and you can buy some glass and silicone and well make ya one up real quick, you can also get yourself a floatvalve for 20 bucks and we will drill the sump so you dont have to haul water from your ro system, just hook er right up.
    i got a mighty fine set of glass bits and im ready to drill some more holes.
    get the measurements and let me know.
    PS. hey did you ever join GIRS yet?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Join GIRS it's great club, good people and alot of great resources.  And a very small investment.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im going to join i promise im just saveing money right now becouse i blew out my knee im not even working i go in for surgury on the 11th the tank stand is only 11 inches i juts measherd

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    shawn call me 563-579-5309