1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Sump suggestions needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anna, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody - I'm in the process of setting up my 60 cube tank, and the only thing holding me back is a sump.  I have about 23"x23" in the base of the stand.  I'm open to the idea of getting a custom acrylic sump made, but I don't know who makes them.  I don't have the tools to make one myself, and I think buying them would probably end up costing a lot more than just having a custom sump made.  I really want to have the sump contained in the stand, not off to the side or anything like that.
    If I had the glass cut at a glass shop, I could try making one out of glass myself, but the thought makes me a little nervous...
    Anybody have any suggestions for me?? 
    Thanks,
    Anna :)

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    tom that owned beyond the sea in cr makes them as well ill get his number for you tomorrow when i can go to the store to get his business card

4. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can build you one.
    I can get the acrylic, you pay for the materials and maybe some nice frags for my labor.[​IMG]
    Where are you located?
    Just let me know.
    Rick

5. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anna, I'd take Rick up on his offer. Then you can design it just how you want.