1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Stress

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shaun, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How do you deal with stress? Me I loose track of time, smoke more and slow down eating and will go days without sleep. In the last four months I have had to deal with my Grandmother passing away, My mom having heart problems and being in and out of the hospital. Add to that a severe jaw infection and cuts at work and a teenager thats blows off chores and loves to fight with my wife (his aunt by mariage). I am finaly dealing with my Grandmothers passing and things at work are settling down. My mom is improving with treatment. The teen, I do not think that will ever change.

I just wonder just how people deal with stressfull situations. I just do not handle them very well. Shaun

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I take it out at work. With my job i can work harder and it seems to help and then i begin to pay attention to other things to get my mind off the problem....and i drink...that may not be the best way but it has worked for me, I dont drink out of control though just weekend warrior.

3. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep I even started to have to do a couple shots of whiskey just so I could sleep.

4. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep I even started to have to do a couple shots of whiskey just so I could sleep.

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wasn't to big on whiskey mainly beer. it seemed to happen more when i was single as well...now i get yelled at if i drink durring the week haha

6. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    don't let some kid stress you out. show him how your wife fill's by you getting in his face and you yell  in his face and that will help you deal with you with your stress.

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I go to church, pray,read the bible,and listen to music to realeave my stress. Don't yell at him that will make things worse so will drinking.

8. coral_bandit

coral_bandit Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I get it out with Xbox Live, going on a seemingly unstoppable killing rampage sometimes, fireworks, and sometimes baseball. Super Balls are really loud and float..............don't drop down a plastic pipe filled with water!!!!!!!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    screw that. Yell at em. Show em how much of a little puke they really are.

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Posted By rodneypierce on 07/17/2009 07:01 PM
    screw that. Yell at em. Show em how much of a little puke they really are.
    Yea and punch him and call him names to that will help. ^ What a moron

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey fish, get off your rocker and dont take everything so literal..............not everyone thinks drinking makes things worse. Easy stress reliever.......Preacher

12. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Calm down there. I have found that ONE shot of whiskey is enough to help me sleep. Normaly I do not drink. As for the teenager, well there are ways to keep him in line. Like taking him gameboy away, or not letting him drive. Even giving him more chores. There is not really any need to yell. He does cause stress but he is just like we all were at his age. And like all of us he makes mistakes. I did not start this thread to cause any fights, just wanted to know what others do to deal with stress. Shaun

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    one shot of whiskey puts me over the toilet haha