1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

STORE CLOSING

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Guest, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After a long fight Bo Bo's Fish Store is another victim of the economy.  April 18th & 19th will be our last days open.  Come and make your deals on used tanks and fixtures now.  Thank you all for your support!!!
    Gary

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Really sorry to hear that Gary

3. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that hope the best for you in the future.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sorry to hear that, how late will someone be around wednesday?

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    sorry to hear that gary, best of luck to you and the family

6. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Seemed like a good store. Sorry to hear that. Why can't a decent fish store survive? Probably not enough traffic... or maybe people like to come look but don't spend much. I try to support my LFS... and when you want something in a hurry it is sure better than waiting for a delivery from the internet.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry that things didn't work out for your store. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

8. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I have never been to your store but i am sorry to hear about you going out of business.

-Bill

P.S. Do you have any 200gal or bigger tanks?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, my in-laws have a 220 gallon tank that is set up currently at their home in Cedar Rapids.  If you were to take it down for them I'm sure they would give you a deal on it.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are open today, Sunday from 1-5.  I will not have access to the girs site while I'm there.  Also, if you want to know how much something is you need to come to the store.  I cannot get involved in a negotiable/barter situation over the INTERNET.  Please come in and talk to me.  Thanks again,

11. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i got my first compact flouresent light system at bobo's , I wish there was a way to help fish stores survive, i guess theres just not much money in this dying hobby /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the hobby is dying...to the contrary, I think it's growing.  I would blame the economy...people have had to tighten up their budgets a bit leaving less discretionary funds for things like their hobbies.  And from what I've heard, the pet store business is like the food business, it can be really tough to get started and make a go of it.
    --AJ

13. Bzishka

Bzishka Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its not dying on the internet, in the last few months alone i have heard of over 4 fish only stores closing, its not the furry critters that are being left out of the loop, its the fish, over the 10yrs that i have been keeping fish, i am 22, i have seen a dramatic decline in fish. the economy has a lot to do with it, but even before that, our fishy friends have been over fished, our worlds reefs have been being destroyed, and a lot of our favorite fish arn't even in the wild anymore, i do know that irresponsible greedy fish catchers arn't helping our cause.
    i feel for the lfs as much as anybody, i would rather drive three hrs to get to a local pet store then to be forced to make purchases off the internet.

14. jmurray853

jmurray853 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gary sorry to hear that, I'll come down this week and buy some livestock.

15. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    the economy has hurt the industry as well as the internet. i would say the internet more so. warehouses buy straight from the manufacturer saving a ton of money and dont have the overhead selling it for cheaper so people naturally want to save $50 plus on items especially in these troubled times

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Is the phone number still correct?

17. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But fish at an LFS are cheaper and people like to see what they get before they buy.  I guess I do spend way more money on maintenance crap on-line than I do at my local stores.  Saving 50% is nice.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Our phone number still is active untill Saturday the 18th. The 18th will be our last day open, come in and get some really good deals. Our hours are:
    Tues, Thurs, Fri. 2-8
    Wed. 2-6
    Sat. 11-5
    Sun. 1-5
    Thank You,

19. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you're low on frozen food, Gary is offering 25% of on frozen food.

--AJ