1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

SOLD: Glass 120g with stand - $50

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    Backstory on this is that I bought it, was going to drill etc. But then the Grove & Platt tank (the old acrylic one) was about to blow so I built a stand, set it up and moved the G&P contents over. About a day later I saw air in the seams and realized I had overlooked something with my stand (the floor was a mess, that's where by focus was) so the contact between the stand and the tank was such that the corners were floating. I fixed it but had to put a clamp on the top left side as that seam kept getting and air bubble whenever I filled it up all the way. Right now it actually looks 100% fine but I guarantee you it needs a bar clamp if you're gonna fill it.

Other than that, tank is perfectly fine. I kept it in my house for over 10 years.

Stand is of the "rocket engineer" type (the big RC thread) it is super solid but I had it on a floor that had 1/4" of difference from one corner to the other....may not be worth keeping

$50 for tank and stand, need it gone

Located in Grimes at my workshop

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    This is literally all that is needed for this tank to be 100% safe. I had it like this in my house for 10 years. It does NOT need to be re-sealed.

squeeze the clamp with 1 finger & thumb, that’s all that is needed to keep the air bubble in the top 1-2” of the front left seam from forming

leave it partially full, like 4” from the top, and you won’t need the clamp.
    I have no idea why no one wants this tank. It’s perfectly fine otherwise.

IMG_2403.jpeg

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    pending

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    This is still available