1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

starting with livestock...then everything will go! lol

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey all,
    well, i'm joining the growing list of folks selling all of there reef tanking items. except...i my freinds have had some very fortunate luck with my family and we got a good deal on a house. Wife found a perfect spot for a reef tank in basement and wants me to upgrade to  a lot bigger tank. WOW! never thought my wife would say that ha ha.
    Anyhow I let a friend take out all the coral,lawnmower blenny, and strawberry basslet, but i have some other misc live stuff to get rid of~
    o.b.o.
    -Powder Blue Tang($40)
    -2 falst percula clowns($20 for both)-$50 for all fo the fish
    -25 asorted hermit crabs,30 asorted snails, and 2 feather dusters($20 for crabs,$20 for snails, or $30 for all of them)
    -75 lbs of gorgeous Bali Alor live rock from premium aquatics. ($200)
    -60lbs sand ($30)
    pm if interested. i wanna get rid of live stuff then i'll start my equipment
    thanx

2. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM sent.....

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM Sent

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are you located?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey all=)

well thank you all for the support and pm's. im going to post pics tomorrow afternoon just getting things sorted out and will snap and post. its amazing how fast this goes up but not come down lol gonna be a process but i have nothing but time and will be much easier to sell my dry goods after the live stuff. i will just give heads up that if you think the livestock prices are cheap the other stuff should sell like hot cakes too. short unofficial list to give folks some time.

tank is 75 gallon RR (internal overflow) with megaflow kit
    perfectly matched return that im so glad i experienced....iwaki 40 (japanese motor) so cord sodered by me not manufacturer. AMAZING PUMP AND REALLY QUIET
    its returning from a drilled octopus reef sump-medium so approx. 30lx16hx12w. since drilled it has a lot of free space
    hooked up to that is a aqua c ev 120 skimmer. that also has a mag 5 externally pulling from the sump into the skimmer....kinda tricky setting it up cuz water levels but the j.b.j auto top off keeps that really consistant. i love my sump setup with everything external.
    only pump in it is a small low flow pump for my lil fishies media canister(i was running rowa fos and carbon)
    4 150 heaters that are really nice
    2 koralia 4s and 2 tiny ones
    i have one vortech mp40 pump that is amazing in this....so user friendly
    i have a couple hospital tanks, one 10 gallon and one 29 tall. both perfect shape and i also used a remora hang on back skimmer thats powered only by maxijet 1200 but works awesome.
    some adds and test kits. e.s.v. mag and two part calc with a 3/4 of it left. they're the big jugs so pretty pricey and also got that carbon left too(spoke of it earlier)
    lights i just got a second setup up(thanx to xroads) and they are
    4 bulbs 48" icecap t-5 retro kit....cant talk enough about how nice these are!
    2 seperate t-5s that ran on workhorse ballast for dusk til dawn effect, but also actinics for my metal halide setup.

2 mogul 250 watt 12 k reeflux bulbs...amazing blue with the adjustable coralvue ballasts! love this setup but room conditions were not fit for the lights and evap. amazing lights and cant wait to get the 400s on new setupx3! so excited

well gotta get back to work and i'll be taking pics of all of this stuff to post soon and i think i might have left some stuff out but will post soon and

I'M REPLYING TO LIVESTOCK PM'S TOMORROW WITH PICS ON THREAD....THANX LATER ALL

6. saltwaternewbee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    interested in mh set up...lmk pricing. thanks

7. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am interested in tank. Location?

8. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    interested in the koralia 4s. Please PM me when ready to sell. You are in the CR area aren't you?

9. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Interested in Vortech 40 and 2nd in line behind Fast draw Troy for the Koralia 4s!
    ps i need lunars as well!

10. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pm sent on icecap T5 kit

11. xmasia

xmasia Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    any updates?

12. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    gonna sell that Vortech Bigmac03????

13. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

What's left @ this point, i.e. snails/crabs and tang (size of tang if available?).

Thanks!

14. saltwaternewbee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still waiting on a reply on PM'd stuff......

15. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    is this guy in jail or what?