1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Swap 2009 - Nice job everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Mar 28, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people showed up for this event and the nice variety of corals that were available.  There were even some free corals available at the end.  Way to go everyone!
    --AJ

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was my first frag swap and i think i only got to pick out about 3 frags.....fiance on the other hand picked out alot more. we figured it up and ended up buying from everyone there. i was pleased with the frags and the amount of people there. Great job and thanks everyone for coming and bringing you stuff and setting up...even though the weather was kinda crappy

chris

3. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was great! I ended up with some excellent corals and excellent prices. Found just what I was looking for. Thanks Joel, Austin and all the others for getting this rolling and of course thanks to the zoo for having us!!

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a good time. Was my first swap and didn't know what to expect, but everyone was really friendly. Didn't have any money for frags this time around but will be saving for the next go around. Really nice to see people setting things like this up here in Iowa :)
    ~ Bela

5. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My first swap as well. Got 3 nice zoa frags. Can't wait to see them all settled in. Thanks everyone!

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A big thank you to the GIRS board! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif I know it takes a lot of time and effort from everyone to make it work. Thanks again!

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you everyone for coming out on a slightly nasty day to make this event a great success! We were are very pleased with the turnout. It definitely makes the months of work well worth it!

8. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Just got things settled in and poylps are already comeing out! Thanks to everyone who bought frags from me and thanks to everyone that sold me frags!

P.S.Slovan next time i am setting up next to you! This is a two fold plan 1 i'll get first choice of your frags 2 i can pretend my frags are yours two.LOL

Thanks everyone!

-Bill

9. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    WOW must say for just finding out about girs a week ago this is all so great .The swap was worth every min of my 5 hr drive. I dont know how much work it takes to set up a swap like todays but a big thanks to all involved. Also met lots of great people and that im not all alone down here in SE iowa. Found out I only live a few miles away from Bills frag farm. Just wanted to say thanks to all involved!

10. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Thanks to everyone for coming out despite the weather. Joel and Austin did a great job planning this event. Thanks to all the sellers for selling and the buyers for buying...even the lookers for looking. Our events hinge alot on attendance and I'm glad to see a ton of people coming out to support the cause. Hopfully everyone had a great time and got that frag or two they've been wanting for awhile. We will be having another larger event like the swap today in the fall so everyone keep there calendars clear for the 14th of November.

11. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The best thing I liked about it were all the new faces. The capacity limit of that room was more than doubled at times.

12. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Yes very nice turnout for a bad weather day.

I was surprised how many people were there when I showed up at 11:20. Nice to see so many faces I didnt know. Hope to see you at the next one too!

Craig

13. acrouse

acrouse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for a great Spring Swap. Lots of variety to purchase and add to my collection. Does anyone have the website of the gentleman that was selling from Minnesota that was set up at the West end of the room? I would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know. I had forgotten it by the time I got home.

thanks in advance
    jolene
    -

14. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I believe it's www.riversidecorals.com

-JB

15. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  16. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sup all!!! Thanks for the great turn out and support! Also thanks to all of the GIRS members deep poclets.LOL Also thanks for all of your donations and support for DSM Central Campus Marine Biology Lab+ about $35 and some equiptment!! Im still having a hard time sleeping. I found out that Sone(slovan) is moving close to my house!!! bEWARE Sone... Again thanks for the turn out and see ya November 14!!! Dave

17. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyone take any pics of the all the fun i missed out on?

18. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No worries Dave, you are pretty tame. :) You're more than welcomed to come check out my tank after I get it moved and settled.

No Jeremy! You had to be there in to enjoy it. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif We all agreed that your wife being sick was more than enough reason to come down! There were a few people taking pictures but I didn't recognize them. Maybe they'll post some for you.

19. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Chris (Tibbs) from Des Moines is pretty much a professional photographer and he took tons of pictures but you can't see them.  JB is going to put some code on the site that says "IF WAVERZ NO SWAP PICTURES" /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif JK Wish you could have been there it was a very successful event.

20. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To all who helped with this event, GREAT JOB!!!!    The zoo discounts were just the ticket, I caught this picture of my daughter by the big aquarium.
    [​IMG]
    It made for a great day with the kids and my daughter got to pick out the coral this time instead of my wife.  It was great to see faces to go with so many names from the club and good to see other faces again. 
    Thanks for all the time and effort in putting together a great event.