1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spider III/Jam Guitar Amps

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, May 8, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while since I've really been into playing guitar, but one of these amps might be enough to get me interested again...
    I might have to sell some corals to fund one of these babies.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pretty cool, I wonder if they made it so you can add your own music witha memory card or something.

Is there a price tag yet?

3. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After watching the 2nd video it really makes me want to spend my life savings on a les paul.

4. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those look fun indeed, Its like real life Guitar Hero hahaha. Not a bad price at $299 for the 75 W
    Man that makes me want to buy another guitar and amp

5. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad little amp I play guitar but mainly metal Im not great but I can play alot of misclaneous crap. It's a little to small for me I like at least a 2 12" setup and since we use computers for this hobby you should look into a jam lab they can plug right into your computer and play through speakers you have set up and then use a programs to add way more effects then that amp could ever think of doing. But this is only better if you have a descent computer and nice speakers. Otherwise this amp is a great buy. Just my little thought. I have the jam lab if anyone would like to borrow it and play around let me know.

6. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    299 for a 75w amp seems cheap to me even without the background effects. Hmm... anyone want to buy a crate 120w 2x12?

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Those are cool amps for sure, Personally I prefer a TonePort and a kick *** pair of reference monitors.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I went ahead and picked up the Spider Jam today at Guitar Center. It's a great little amp. What I like about it is that it's everything in one unit. No daisy chaining a bunch of components together... Just plug the guitar into the amp and go.

The amp is great, but my big problem now is my guitars need some help. They are all sounding really muddy and I'm having a hard time getting a good tone from any of them. I think the biggest problem is that they all need new strings (the strings literally haven't been changed in years). Other than that, I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not very good at figuring out how to get the best tone out of them.

-JB

9. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure it's not just one of the settings on the amp that you're not used to? You probably just need to play around with it a little. New strings woudln't hurt, if they are that old they're probably rusted.

10. MULE

MULE Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Way to complacated for me.I just like to plug'em in and go.My 16 year old son has a 20 watt Roland cube and its great for his slip knot/slack tuning stuff. I do like to play my strat on its tude drive setting with just a touch of reverb.75 watts is a whole lotta rosie,have you turned it to 10 yet?
    EDIT TO ADD :Love the tele.........

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 05/09/2009 11:38 AM
    Are you sure it's not just one of the settings on the amp that you're not used to? You probably just need to play around with it a little. New strings woudln't hurt, if they are that old they're probably rusted.
    I just put new strings on one of my Guitars.   It made a pretty big difference.
    -JB

12. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lov'n the new amp. It's going to force me to learn how to play in different keys...

-JB

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A friend of mine let me borrow a book called "Fretboard Roadmaps". I think I've learned more tonight from reading and practicing with that book than I did with 3 years of lessons...

http://www.amazon.com/Fretboard-Roadmaps-Essential-Patterns-Techniques/dp/0793520886/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242352745&sr=8-1

I've got my own on order...

-JB