1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

special girl please help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by reefgoon09, Feb 26, 2009.

1. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok well I have a foreign exchange student from Finland, she is very very attractive mind you, and I want to suprise her by taking her out to a restaraunt that serves finnish food. She doesn't like american food very much so I thought it would be nice. Does anyone know of any restaraunts in Des Moines that serves finnish food?

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're hosting her or dating her? I'm confused....... I doubt there is any Finnish restaurants in Des Moines or even the state of Iowa for that matter. I think you'd be better off making an authentic "American" meal and make a Finnish dessert yourself.

3. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no she is in my school, lol not hosting her just to clear things up. I didn't figure there would be any. She just says american food taste wierd to her but I am sure if I went to finland stuff would taste wierd to. lol

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would try and make finnish food for her, the effort would mean a lot and brownie points as well :)

5. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    never thought of that before! Good idea!

6. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can't talk about foreign exchange girls without pics!

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "You can't talk about foreign exchange girls without pics!"

haha I agree!

Good luck! I bet it will still taste American even if it is a "finnish" recipe.

8. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 02/26/2009 08:17 PM
    "You can't talk about foreign exchange girls without pics!"
    haha I agree!
    Good luck! I bet it will still taste American even if it is a "finnish" recipe.
    Pics? At this point I am looking for a phone number! [​IMG]

9. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol I will have to get a pic of her tonight if I can. This girl went from being able to drink and do anything in her country to not being able to do ANYTHING. She said that if you are tall enough in finland to see over the bar table you can order a glass of anything. Poor girl...

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL, this thread keeps getting better.

11. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By reefgoon09 on 02/27/2009 10:50 AM
    lol I will have to get a pic of her tonight if I can. This girl went from being able to drink and do anything in her country to not being able to do ANYTHING. She said that if you are tall enough in finland to see over the bar table you can order a glass of anything. Poor girl...
    Anyone up for a club trip to Finland!

12. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    She started attending october fest since she was 7 years old!!!! That is crazy! She also has tried american beer and says it taste like water haha.

13. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm game for the Finland trip....or even a trip to a bar...sounds good....hmmm

14. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By reefgoon09 on 02/27/2009 12:52 PM
    She started attending october fest since she was 7 years old!!!! That is crazy! She also has tried american beer and says it taste like water haha.
    You need to bring her by my place.
    My Russian Imperial Stout is at about 9 1/2% and is like black sludge (really good stuff).
    My Belgain Strong ale is at about 10% with a really nice dry finish.

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Is her name Lotta, by chance???  My husband and I have hosted exchange students for many years.  This year we have a girl from Paraguay.  She is part of the AFS exchange program.  So, we know most all the exchange students in this area - at least the ones associated with AFS.  So, that's how I know about a Finish girl - in Granger.  No, I'm not aware of any Finnish restaurants.  But I do know another Finish student this year.  It is a boy.  He attends Roosevelt.  I could put you in touch with him, if you want other ideas...
    Jeanette

16. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I agree... our beer tastes like water.

17. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By beckerj3 on 02/27/2009 03:00 PM
    Is her name Lotta, by chance???  My husband and I have hosted exchange students for many years.  This year we have a girl from Paraguay.  She is part of the AFS exchange program.  So, we know most all the exchange students in this area - at least the ones associated with AFS.  So, that's how I know about a Finish girl - in Granger.  No, I'm not aware of any Finnish restaurants.  But I do know another Finish student this year.  It is a boy.  He attends Roosevelt.  I could put you in touch with him, if you want other ideas...
    Jeanette
    Yea! That is her name, last name is mykkanen I think that is how u spell it atleast. I met the other young man from finland at the mall the other day. She is in my school, and I was thinking of asking her to prom. Just want to show her a fun time in America because she is home sick! Small world jeanette. She came over to my house the other day and saw my tank and was like "o, you have reef fish tank? I like thos lot!" she is still having problems with english but slowly but surely she is getting better. She lives about 2 minutes away from me actually.