1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Speaker Times

Discussion in '2009' started by pwfish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. pwfish

pwfish Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Are there any set times that the Fall Fest speakers will be giving presentation?

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am interested in this as well as I may be late. I am sure there are set times, but I can't find them.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I believe Randy Reed will be speaking at 1PM and Anthony Calfo will be speaking at 2:15
    -JB

4. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Do you know their topics? ...not that it would change my mind - I'm going anyway...just curious

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Randy Reed is speaking on the importance of feeding your corals & inverts & the best way to feed them.

Anthony is speaking about refugia and biotope aquaria. It covers the gamut of biotope displays, dsb and the full range of creatures for stocking then.

Both will be available all day to answer any questions you may have.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I'd love to hear both of these topics, but as a seller and organizer, I probably won't get to see either...

7. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, are we allowed to take video or anything? I was planning on uploading a vid to youtube of just the swap if that is allowed. I could take a vid of the presentations too. THAT I am sure can;t go up to youtube? but private use might be ok? Anyone know?

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If it's Ok with the speakers, it's OK with us. Personally, I would love it if someone recorded them both and uploaded them to YouTube.

-JB

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, well, I suppose I will count on doing that and just ask them beforehand.

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was planning on filming both speakers per permission as well as recording audio directly from the PA.

Last time I filmed Calfo he said he didn't mind me filming but asked that it be available to view by club members only aka NOT youtube.
    One way around this would be to upload the Videos to Vimeo as they offer password protection.  We then in turn could just give the password to club members.

11. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like that idea Waverz! Then if members ever wanted to go back for some info from the speakers you could access it. Are you going to your fancy shmancy camcorder?

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Heh, I am going to bring part of the shmancy fancy camera for sure definitely won't need the entire thing unless we want the presentation looking like a movie.

13. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey we could always make dvds for members /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

14. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That would also be a possibility.

15. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you have a nice camera I will let you take care of it. I was just going to record using my iphone and throw it up as part of my reef videos on youtube. A dedicated camera would work better though :)

16. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is getting off topic but if you want good video with an IPhone apparently you need this.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._PRO_.html
    Anyway, yeah, I got the speakers covered.