1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Sooooo, what did everyone get?!

Discussion in '2008' started by phishcrazee, Nov 15, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I know who's door I can go knock on in about 6 months to ask for a frag /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wow.gif  I got:
    • blueberry muffin cap-gorgeous, thanks Sissy!
    • orange snails, also from Sissy, very cool
    • the orange & white sponge from Sissy, very cool, but not sure how it's supposed to attach to something? (anybody know?)
    • Grover Blue palys, Miesen, very blue :)
    • blue chalice w/ pink mouths, from Meisen, awesome coloration
    • pink pocillapora, looks like cotton candy :)
    • green and red Aussie acans form 2 people, very nice color and reasonable
    • Tubb's Blues from Sone, already open and looking gorgeous
    • Devi's Armor zoas, amazing pink, also from Sone and Jeff, beautiful!
    I think that's it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wow.gif Just enough money leftover to stop at McDonald's on the way home, lol /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/laugh.gif

2. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you haven't been home long but I still have to say it... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif
    [​IMG]
    I'd love to see pictures of some of those blue zoas. Im curious which are the deepest/best looking blue of the bunch.

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tomorrow /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif That orange sponge I got has its polyps out now....way cool :)

4. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got 8 new colors of zoo's,3 new colors of palys,an orange montipora Cap.,many new mushrooms,and a lot of others I can't think of at the moment.

OH...I got red turbo snails too. Fawn, the blue zoas are open already. :)

Thanks everyone involved.

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about the Spider Sponge by chance? I was told to use the tooth pick method or wedge it in some rocks. Mine has opened up and can barely see any orange just a lot of white. Pretty cool!

6. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Either method will work for the sponge, I would keep them in lower light to help prevent algae from building on the tissue, moderate.higer random flow to help the sponge feed/ clean itself...this sponge is basically a red/orange so anything listed about them for care can be taken into consideration. The white zoanthid colony will feed on larger sized food compaired to the sponge. I had good luck with with Fauna Marins Ultra line...s/f/clam.. Good luck !!!!

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks and nice job to everyone involved with putting the event on.  It's very hard to believe that it's the first one since it seemed like things went so smooth and everyone seemed to have such a great time.  I know I really enjoyed myself and got some great deals.
    I didn't get any of that spider sponge and wish that I would have....it looked really cool, but I didn't realize what it was until it was too late.  I should have asked...
    I got about 5 or 6 new kinds of zoas, some palys, a rose bulb-tip anemone, frogspawn, star polyp and a piece of aussie dendrophyllia.  I'm looking forward to working all that into my tank.
    --AJ

8. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did not get much, was a bit overwhelmed. I just got a green hammer coral, a ricordia (misspelled i am sure) some plankton timers for my lights and a nice talk with Anontony Calfo. Also get a LOT of info. Had some fun.

9. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did not get much, was a bit overwhelmed. I just got a green hammer coral, a ricordia (misspelled i am sure) some plankton timers for my lights and a nice talk with Anontony Calfo. Also get a LOT of info. Had some fun.

10. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry bout the double post. This computer is not nice

11. Posted By apjohnson on 11/15/2008 11:09 PM
    Thanks and nice job to everyone involved with putting the event on.  It's very hard to believe that it's the first one since it seemed like things went so smooth and everyone seemed to have such a great time.  I know I really enjoyed myself and got some great deals.
    I didn't get any of that spider sponge and wish that I would have....it looked really cool, but I didn't realize what it was until it was too late.  I should have asked...
    I got about 5 or 6 new kinds of zoas, some palys, a rose bulb-tip anemone, frogspawn, star polyp and a piece of aussie dendrophyllia.  I'm looking forward to working all that into my tank.
    --AJ
    I agree with AJ said both about the fest and the spider sponge. I won some oyster egg reef nutrition food and the coral seem to love it especial my sun corals.  Thanks everyone for a great fest. I look forward to future events and learning from everyone. Glad I was able to participate in the event and join the club. Hope I can add some value in the future. I am still pretty new to this but also pretty addicted to the hobby.
    Carl

12. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok a few pictures, but they're not the best.... the acans are unhappy from being moved and the blueberry cap is really prettier in real life than the picture.  A few things were just too hard to get a picture of.
    devils armor zoas
    [​IMG]
    acans and blueberry cap
    [​IMG]
    Grover's paly's
    [​IMG]
    orange snail on some new rock
    [​IMG]
    spider sponge
    [​IMG]
    Tubb's blues
    [​IMG]

13. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More like what didn't I get! 
    Free Saltwater from CaribSea
    Free phyto plankton from Dt's,
    Free "vitality" food supplement (like selcon) from Seachem
    I won a $50 gift certificate to Air, Water, & Ice in the raffle
    Oyser eggs feast from Reef Nutrition, and later got a free bottle of Rotifer Feast
    Epoxy from Oceans Wonders
    2 Acans from MidWest Reefs
    ORA green birdnest colony from MidWest Reef
    Atlantis pink w/ blue tip millie for Josh W. from MidWest Reef
    Green Montipora Spongodes w/ blue/purple polyps from Jason White (Y-Z Reef)
    light blue stag from Jason White (Y-Z Reef)
    Teal stag with light blue tips from Jason White (Y-Z Reef)
    Teal stag with light blue tips from Billy G.
    Highliter yellow acro from Dirks I think?
    Rods Food from Aquatic Environment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I didn't buy anything but I did catch a dinner and and evening of drinks and good conversation with Anthony and Adam

15. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That spider sponge and tubs blues are a both awesome.
    I've seen frogfish that look similar, they must be from the same place in the ocean that sponge is
    [​IMG]

16. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here are a few of the many frags that I got at the swap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I didn't get a whole lot, i got some Poker Star Monti, Ponpae Birdsnest, and some Monipora Setosa.  Thanks Sone!!
    Oh I almost forgot, i did get this as well.
    [​IMG]
    This skimmer totally rocks!  It has already out skimmed my Octopus NW-200 and has only been running for 1 DAY!!!  I still can't believe i won this thing, i was just telling my wife on the way to the event i really needed another skimmer, $20 in raffle tickets later i got it.
    What an event!

18. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Nice!. So what brand of skimmer is that? I don't recognize the logo.

19. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Warner Marine. They launched a line of cone skimmers that look really impressive from a build quality standpoint. From the pictures I have seen of them in action, they work extremely well. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

20. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was nice to see that you won Jeremy, Woo Hoo!!!!