1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Some updated pics.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B-Rad, Mar 17, 2009.

1. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Finely got some pics of the tank with stuff in it and the tank room.
    Some day I will get a good camera, Or get Einsteins to come down and take some good pics for me......hint,hint!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The skimmer doing its thing.
    [​IMG]
    Some plumbing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The lighting board and auto top off unit.
    [​IMG]
    The mixing tank and kalk stirrer.
    [​IMG]
    The live rock well.
    [​IMG]
    6 stage R/O unit, and yes my pre filter needs changed!!
    [​IMG]
    Just picked up my mew addition.
    [​IMG]
    Spot for my future fragging station.
    [​IMG]
    Just want to thank Einsteins for the ideas for the auto top off, this thing works great!
    JB thank you for the great frags they are doing great!
    I will take more photos as things grow out some.
    Some day maybe I will get on a tank tour!!

2. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet blotched anthias! Where did you get em?

3. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    very nice

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Looks sweet will be totaly killer when it grows in!

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You should be on the tour now! That is a sweet and healthy setup. We are very sick people.

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Rustin14 on 03/17/2009 03:42 PM
    Sweet blotched anthias! Where did you get em?
    Thanks Rustin14 I got them from Adam at Aquatic Environments in Davenport, these little guys are awesome. They eat like little piranha's, cant weight for their full colors to come in!!
    Thanks for the comps guys.
    Maybe I can get in on the I/C tank tour? Or may be I'll do a DIY day at MY place.[​IMG]
    -Rick-

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking great B-Rad! Looks like all your planning and patience are paying off!

--AJ

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Great looking set-up!  It appears that you really planned this out - impressive.

It also appears that you might have a slight case of obsessive compulsive disorder [​IMG]
    By the way - in this pic the cords for the upper power control strip (below ballasts) are off a bit - first one needs to go in an inch or so, last one maybe a half inch - but I'm sure you've corrected that by now!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eric,
    Only you would notice that...lol. Even after reading your message, it took me a min to see exactly what you were talking about. I thought I was anal, but jeez, that takes it to a whole new level! :) lol!

10. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how big of tank is that

11. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ya I'm a little anal LOL [​IMG], That comes from my car audio competition days, as a teen.

Mralanjones, the main display is a 120g 4'x2'x2', the sump is a 20g long, the live rock stock tank is 30g, and the auto top off tank is a 10g.

Thanks for the comps..

12. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great! Where did you get that huge reservoir tank for the RODI water and how much? I'd love something like that.......

I agree you should be on the tank tour now. People like to see tanks that are not "mature" as well as mature tanks, and I think most people would like to see the mechanics of how you have things set up.

13. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By B-Rad on 03/18/2009 05:32 AM

Ya I'm a little anal LOL [​IMG], That comes from my car audio competition days, as a teen.
    Actually, I was going to ask if that was the case - the mounting looks like an amp rack.  I was installing high-end equipment back in the early days - when it was just IASCA.  Funny - most of that high-end equipment has turned into imported crap now.

14. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You can get those tanks at farm stores like Theisens, but they are way expensive. A 60 Gallon tank at Theisens is $100, maybe someone knows where they are priced better.

15. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 03/18/2009 07:04 AM
    Looks great! Where did you get that huge reservoir tank for the RODI water and how much? I'd love something like that.......
    I agree you should be on the tank tour now. People like to see tanks that are not "mature" as well as mature tanks, and I think most people would like to see the mechanics of how you have things set up.
    This is the web site were I got mine from,  http://www.denhartogindustries.com/. Blanes Farm and fleet has them as well, they did not have the size and shape I needed so I just ordered one from the factory.
    I was hoping you were to be on the I/C tank tour to give people a stop between I/C and Muscatine! I know your due on that day so I'm not going to hold my breath on this tour. congrats by the way and good luck.

16. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know Sprayer Specialties in Des Moines has a good price on these tanks. To B-Rad very nice and clean set-up! Any chance I can get a run down on the ATO? Not exactly sure what all I am looking at.

17. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Whats a good price, do you know?

18. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Their prices don't look any better that Theisen's or Farm and Fleet.  Here's a link to their site.  Maybe they are better at their retail locations.

19. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very clean setup, I'm jealous.

20. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I guess I am used to getting a discount through the company I worked for so maybe the prices aren't much different