1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Some shots of my tank - Finally - any thoughts and help welcome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Dec 24, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, thought I would post some photos of my tank.  Not big on posting the photos since I have seen so of the other tanks in the club but as many of you know I am learning and just really getting into the hobby.  Any suggestions are welcome and I thought I would let all know I really do have a tank.  [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One more thing - there are some 'whiter' rocks in the tank... I have been adding a rock here and there about every month in preparation for the 120. I have about 75-100 pounds of base rock left in the garage for the new tank just trying to get it 'jump started'.  I have a very nice large rock that I will be able to create a nice 'shelf' with, I want to add it to this tank but it won't fit without major rock work and I would loose several of the larger rocks I have in there now, I can't wait to get it in a new tank.  anyway...  thanks for looking.

3. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like it! Is that supposed to be a pink tip anemone?

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By reefgoon09 on 12/25/2008 07:56 PM
    I like it! Is that supposed to be a pink tip anemone?
    Not to sure - it hasn't changed since I bought the tank.  Looked the same when the other owner had it as well so who knows?!?!

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It looks like you have a great start and some nice corals! A couple tips for taking tank pics: Take them at night and turn off all other lights in the room to reduce glare, don't use the flash, use a tripod, or steady your camera on a chair and use the timer function if necessary. Sometimes I even put a blanket over the top of the tank so that no light from the fixture spills out in the room.

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lee on 12/25/2008 09:27 PM
    It looks like you have a great start and some nice corals! A couple tips for taking tank pics: Take them at night and turn off all other lights in the room to reduce glare, don't use the flash, use a tripod, or steady your camera on a chair and use the timer function if necessary. Sometimes I even put a blanket over the top of the tank so that no light from the fixture spills out in the room.
    I will have to give that a try - thanks for the suggestions.

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    everything is looking good. you should have a great start on the 120 when you get that running.

8. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks good!

9. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By taavis on 12/29/2008 02:34 PM
    everything is looking good. you should have a great start on the 120 when you get that running.
    Thats the plan - get a good start...  there are a few corals I don't care for and will not put in the new tank.  I just bought new t5 (8X54) bulbs for my fixture this week, (upgraded from the Current brand).  So I am getting closer to where I want to be when the 120 rolls around.

10. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I like those monti's you got in there. Always wanted a big cap. Can never find any good frags around here.