1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Some of my Ricordias

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phathead, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are assembling a nice collection/hoard. That log-o-rics will be stellar when they grow out. There was a similar piece that was auctioned off on the East Coast that was a 19" piece of Tonga w/ 5 6" arms covered in predominantly rics and one pink yuma sold for 16k. If I remember correctly most were generic...impressive nonetheless. I will try to find a pic and post it. I think DFS had a large ric rock for approx. 5k not too long ago. I think your projected selling price you mentioned in a previous post may be conservative as long as you can search out the right buyer/collector/public display.

3. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That would be sweet my goal with it is to get around 3k or at least have it worth that it is a 16" Tonga branch 6 different colors you might not be able to see all colors on pic. So far there is at least 3 of each color I attached each single polyp maybe 6 months ago. I also started another smaller tonga branch just this morning with 2 colors bright lime green and a bright blue that should be eye catching when it is done. Ill try to post some pics later today.

4. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did a head count this morning I am up to 68 rics 19 different colors not too bad.

5. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Use the "ENTER" key /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

Very nice rics you've got there.

6. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering about that thanks.

7. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice. I love species tanks. Especially Ric tanks. Colonies of Rics make great pics. Are you going to just stay with all Florida Rics or will you be getting any St Thomas or Yumas too? What are you using for lighting? And are you feeding them anything?

8. Phathead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right now I am going to stick with just florida not really a fan of the yuma's for some reason and I dont know much about St thomas. I am going to be using Hamilton Tech dual 250 Watt 14k w/ 2 4' VHO Actinics. All the ones that are in the pics are still in my normal reff tank which is A 125 gallon with 2 175 watt hamilton tech 14K AND 4 36" hamilton PC actinics. The only supplement that the rics get other than the little amount of brine or mysis that might fall upon them during fish feeding is fiji gold which in my opion is the best food for coral it works great. It is a powder form and just dump some in and it will cloud your tank completley for about 45 minutes but you will see corals extend for food like never before. Makes the biggest difference on my candy canes. I do use the razor blade on ricordieas alot to force splitting if not attached to rock. On average the common ones seem to split about once a month on there own and for some reason the rare ones take about 2-3 months.