1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by AJ, Nov 24, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought this from US Plastics.  It was originally 2' x 4'.  I needed about 6" x 4' and I'm selling what's left.  It was $12 + shipping so I'll let what's left go for $10.  This stuff has no structural integrity on it's own so you will not want to use it for baffles or something like that.  In my opinion, this should only be used to cover glass for a bare bottom tank.  That being said, a sheet of acrylic the same size will probably run you at least 2-3 times as much.  It would be perfect for a 75 or 90 gallon tank.  You can make clean cuts with a table saw or probably even a strong utility knife.  Here's pic of it:
    [​IMG]
    It's the panel on the left.
    --AJ

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ
    I would take a piece to cover the bottom of the bio cube.

Troy

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's yours.

--AJ

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I'll take the whole sheet. If still available.

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Are you cutting this up? Or is the whole sheet still available? If it is i'll take it.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Bill, Troy wanted it. You can ask him if he's going to sell part of it. I think he just wanted enough to cover the bottom of his 29 gallon BioCube.

--AJ

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    That's cool no problem.

8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AJ if you could, would you post a link to the site that you got this from so others can order it.
    Thanks

9. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If anyone wants to put in an order let me know because I need to modify one my snake cages and do not want to cut into the good top. This stuff is used frequently to make reptile cages by the way.

10. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    How scratch resistant is this stuff? I have a iguana that needs a new habitat. Would this make a good liner for a plywood cage? Or would his sharp claws scratch it real easy?

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    How scratch resistant is this stuff? I have a iguana that needs a new habitat. Would this make a good liner for a plywood cage? Or would his sharp claws scratch it real easy?

12. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Check out animalplastics.com they can give you a good idea