1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

SOLD the house..wondering about help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saltwaternewbee, Apr 6, 2009.

1. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if any there are any reeefers willing to give me a hand moving my set up to the new house? I need to load it up on the SW side and move it to Belle Plaine....i'm trying to keep the down time short. Also trying to figure out the plumbing for it too. We get the keys on May 15th and i'm want to get the holes cut in the floor so the tank can be set and moved only 1 time. Thanks

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be able to. Once it gets closer I will know more.

3. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can probably help out as well.

4. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    congrarts on the sale, and i would help you but i dont like you :)

5. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i moved my 75 gallon across Waterloo last July. I asked for help from the club and got one guy(that was only because of the beer:) It only took 8 hours to get everything back in Get a lot of buckets with tight lids put our rock in them with some water to keep them moist, then I got a 20 gallon tote with a nice lids and put fish and corals in there with about half full of water. Also get a power inverter so u can plug in your heater in the car.

When u get the tank setup get the water and rock in it and get a couple heaters then wait for the thank to heater up/ and water clear up before adding fish coral.
    Hope this Helps

I know there is one Reefer in Belle Plaine, (I bought a skimmer from him) he has like a 280 gallon tank.

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you live in CR?

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know that I will help. Just let me know when.

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on the sale of your house.  That didn't take long.  I'm willing to help..just need as much advance notice as possible to clear the schedule.

--AJ

9. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By apjohnson on 04/06/2009 08:26 PM
    Congrats on the sale of your house.  That didn't take long.  I'm willing to help..just need as much advance notice as possible to clear the schedule.
    --AJ
    Is 6 weeks enough? [​IMG]

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah...if the 15th is actual date of the move.  I figured he probably had to get in at his new house, get a few things situated before he was ready for his tear down here in CR.  I figured getting the keys on the 15th meant a tank tear down closer to the 23rd.  Maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing...I've been known to do that.  :)
    --AJ

11. saltwaternewbee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in CR. We get the keys on the 15th and have to be out of the old house by the 22nd. I appreciate any and all help....

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By apjohnson on 04/06/2009 09:38 PM

Posted By CyberJester on 04/06/2009 09:25 PM

Posted By apjohnson on 04/06/2009 08:26 PM
    --AJ
    Is 6 weeks enough? [​IMG]
    Yeah...if the 15th is actual date of the move.  I figured he probably had to get in at his new house, get a few things situated before he was ready for his tear down here in CR.  I figured getting the keys on the 15th meant a tank tear down closer to the 23rd.  Maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing...I've been known to do that.  :)
    --AJ
    Good Point, got me there! [​IMG]

13. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah I will help

14. saltwaternewbee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm gonna call the movers tomorrow and find out if they can move it on saturday...if so i'm gonna try and get an idea of where the tanks gonna go and how the plumbing's gonna be run and work on it friday day...that way we can move everything on saturday and get a good start on setting up. Does that make sense?

15. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep. I'll plan on being there. Just keep us in the loop on what time you want to get started.

--AJ

16. saltwaternewbee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I spoke to the movers and they're picking the tank up on Saturday the 16th. So far i'm the 1st move of the day but they'll push me back later in the day as they get calls. I'm hoping to start draining the tank early that morning and having it ready so when they get here....it's loaded, delivered and set at the new house. Any ideas on how to get everything moveable? I figured live rock in buckets with wet newspaper over it. I have 2 55 gallon barrels to transport as much water as i can.....i also figure on getting a stock tank to use for holding water til the tank is positioned.

17. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Saturday May 16th. Cool gotit marked on the calender and have the day off of work. Need me to bring anything that may help? I do have an 800 watt power inveter that can run pumps, lights, heaters, ECT... Let me know, Shaun

18. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have moved my tank twice, once was from north dakota to iowa and i didnt loose anything (knock on wood). 5 gallon buckets work really well. I put all my rock in buckets and filled them with water, all of my rock is small enough where it can fit in the buckets. You might have some big rocks where that wont work. I am wondering also how heavy are the 55 gallon barrels going to be? Also if you need another pair of hands I would love to help and I have about 15 5 gallon buckets you are welcome to use too.