1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

So whats up?

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by Waverz, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was talking to David the other night about the schedule of events for the year.  He is having a hard time coming up with ideas on what to do so i figured we could help him out by giving him some input on what we would like to do this year.  We already have a the pizza and bowling party planned for next month, now we need some ideas for the following months.
    Here are some things i would like to do.
    BBQ
    Tank Tour
    Golf Outing?  I've only golfed a couple times but had a good time both times i went
    We could do some informational meetings but this would be tough as it would bore the hell out of some us but might be helpful to new folks.
    Social Gatherings, could meet at a pub for some brews and grub
    Camping, this was tried last year but due to floods and lack of interest it got canned, might be worth a shot to try again this year
    Anyway, i know those all aren't original ideas but it's a start.  David needs to have a schedule put together by Friday so lets help him out and give him some input on what we want to do.  We do have a budget to work with so we can make some of this stuff very cheap and/or free so keep that in mind as well.

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I know this sounds odd as we keep fish. Why can't we do a fishing outting? I know alot of the guys in this area like to fish and camp, why can't we all get together some afternoon this spring and hang out and fish. Sounded abit different from the norm which for this area usually means we'll have a huge turn out.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sounds fun to me, hopefully we can find someone willing to give up their secret spot.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It would be awesome to do some fishing or camping. We could also do some 4 wheeler riding at my place some afternoon, I have a bunch of trails.

How about making home made food. Everyone pitch in $20 & take home a bunch of homemade food.

I would like to meed for dinner & beer like the every 3rd thurs of the month or something like that.

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like all the ideas mentioned. How about planning something here soon for March... The weather probably won't be nice enough to do anything outdoors, so maybe we could do the homemade food then....or get together somewhere and play cards and drink a few beers.

6. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cards Sounds good too me, We could have it at my house, Hopefully my basement will be done by then