1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

So what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CREYNOLDS, Jul 12, 2009.

1. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So have been dosing with 2 part for about 2 months. My tank is pretty stable Cal stays around 450 and Alk about 8-9 and mag over 1400. I'm not seeing much growth out of my sps corals. I do water changes every 2 to 3 weeks. Dose about everyday. I have a kalk reactor that adds daily. I run a cheap 250w m/h. 20 gallon sump and 10gallon refuge. Oh the tank is a 56. All my coral look great but like I said not much growth. What do you guys thing the problem in lack of growth could be? Thanks

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Feeeeeeed! Coral likes food too...

Could also be the "cheap lights", how's your temp?, one thing i've noticed with my tank is that during the summer when i have more temp fluctuations coral doesn't grow as fast.

3. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feed frozen flake etc. Daily. Should add phos 0, nit 0, ph8.3. Temp stays between 78 at night and 80 to 81 in the day.

4. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would say the light too. I have the same problem. I have a 72" aquatrader light on main tank and don't get much growth. i have a better MH over my frag tank and everything does better in there. Lighting on one of them things that shouldn't be cheap on, I learned that leason.

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    maybe more lighting as you are trying to use one 250w halide to cover quite a bit of area i think. also hows your flow? power heads and such?

6. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I run 2 number 4 korillias. I alos that about maybe I'm trying to cover to much area with this single light. I thought about maybe some make up light would help, maybe some vho's or something in a canopy.