1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

So what do I buy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Mar 16, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

I have never owned a controller but am ready to take the plunge.  So what should I buy?  Does this super duper software I have heard about work with any of them?

Thx

Craig

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ACIII all they way man, you'll be able to see your tank stats from the shop......cant beat that. Sure they cost a fortune but they are worth it.
    I'm moving this thread to the general forum being it is not Reef Tracker specific.

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Craig, I think the general opinion is the Neptune Aquacontroller is the best for now. My software works only with the Neptune controllers. You have three choices, the Jr.,  a used ACII or the best in the AC3. Just sort of depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. The ACII used generally is around $200 and the AC3 is about $400-450. I have the II but will be upgrading. Mainly because I need to to support my software. The II is really working pretty well for me.