1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

snow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anna, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sick of it!  At least it has stopped for now though.  I think we got about 10" from this storm - how much did you guys get?

2. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Easily over a foot in Muscatine...

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Well I just spent an hour trying to get my truck out of the lane. It was stuck in snow 4 ft deep. I finally gave up & walked the 400 yards to the house. I am cold, tired, and wet.

4. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    We barely got 2" Glad to see the rest of you guys enjoying the other foot we didn't get! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, it looks about a foot here, but there are some drifts that are easily double that. I'm with ya, sooooo sick of this winter and wish it were over with already

6. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm three for three...................three major snow storms and three times my all wheel drive has gone out on the way into work! Glad I bought the extra warranty with the thing!!! They probably have a big picture of me up on a dartboard because they are paying through the nose.

7. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lemon law that vehicle.....if the problem has occured 3 times you are covered!

8. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we maybe got 7-8 inches here, so much for thundersnow.

i have to take my hat off to guys who plow the interstates, i went to desmoines yesterday and came home late last night and the roads were good considering the amount of snowfall.

9. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 02/07/2008 5:59 AM
    i have to take my hat off to guys who plow the interstates, i went to desmoines yesterday and came home late last night and the roads were good considering the amount of snowfall.I take it you went to the Van Halen concert at Wells Fargo last night? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif  I know a guy from work who went and said they put on a pretty good show.  Also said the show didn't get over until after 11pm.
    We got quite a bit of snow in Oskaloosa.  We made the news on Sunday we got 12-15" within 3-4 hours and we easily got just as much yesterday.  Here's my truck under a blanket of snow...
    [​IMG]