1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Smouse School Tank * official Thread*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nik, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crying.gif I woukd have helped on short notice/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif ANYWHO, I'm happy that Justin was able to help and everything went well/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif That's AWESOME that UPG may sponsor the Smouse tank! Let us know/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif And, next time Nick, call me/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

2. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No problem Nik! I want to help out whoever, whenever I can! There's always something to be learned! And it's especially good to know every bit goes a long ways for a good cause! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sorry Terri /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif. Did not want to ask you to drive an hour on such short notice. I will how-ever want your help and knowledge when I set it up. I want to make even better this time. I will be in touch. Should be down for 6 weeks.

Thanks!!

4. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I would love to be contacted to help set it back up also if you would like the help!

5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Would love the help Chris, thanks!

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

He's alive!!!!!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wow.gif

8. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

9. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

10. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    That, my friend, I can do!!

11. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Yes I am alive! Just barley though.

I have a lot going on in life, and had my car stolen and a lot of possessions stolen...So just been dealing with a lot of that and holding onto my tank!

I am here and I am here to help when I can :)

12. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    OMG! Stolen!?! That's the s#^#t@! Glad to hear that you have the tank though:0) Hang in there friend!!

13. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The school is ready to have the tank set up. Who all wants to help? Also, post any suggestions or ideas for it here. I am going to be running a Skimmer, filter sock, refugium, carbon, gfo and dosing alk.

14. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I'm going to try to be there Nick! Hubby's on vacation so don't know yet. Please post the time, date and address in advance:0) Is there a an auto topoff for the tank?

15. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Zach is running a poll to see what day works best, he will talk to you friday. Looks like aug 23 at 10 am. Yes it does have an ato. Need a bigger water storage tank though.

16. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Ok:0) What size water storage and anything specific? Rubbermaid/tank/other? Is it setting inside the stand or behind. or off to the side of the tank?

17. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Right now I have a 20 glass tank. I want something MUCH bigger. It will set behind or beside tank. As it is I have to haul 20 gallons of water up about every week.

18. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Any water tight container would work.

19. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Looking for donations to help buy 60# of caribsea special grade reef sand or something very similar in size. The crushed coral in there now needs replacing and I am getting a shrimp goby pair and they need to burrow.

20. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Sounds like a 44g Brute can is needed or something similar:0)