1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Small blue leg hermit

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by agent-o2, May 31, 2009.

1. agent-o2

agent-o2 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got what I think is a small blue leg hermit crab came with some snails i bought and I don't really want him. So if someone wants him they can have him, I'm in ames. He's hanging out in my QT for now.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a reef tank? Why wouldn't you want him they are great for reefs? That is unless you have nassarius snails.

3. agent-o2

agent-o2 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FOWLR for now, and yeah I have nassarius snails, and I'm guessing the Cerith snails are vulnerable to attack as well cause that's what he's living in right now. it crossed my mind to keep him but i don't want to risk the snails i bought on purpose for a crab that came in disguise, or keep it in shells that fit. it's been in the QT for a couple weeks now about a week ago i thought it had perished and put it out of my mind cause I fished a body out, then a few days later I noticed the shell wasn't where i last saw it. Molting gets me again.
    I don't want to flush him either so it'll be a new home or he can just live in the QT tank until i find some other suitable place for him.