1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Skimmers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iamaxxer, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I stated in my first post I'm looking to get my set up purchased. A friend from Californa suggested that I purchase the MSX200 Skimmer. Any thoughts on this skimmer? Will be used on a 90g tank and in a 30g sump....

2. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the MSX300 on about 250 gallons of water, and it seems to do a pretty decent job. I would think that the MSX 200 would be plenty of skimmer for you. Does it come with a mesh wheel or pinwheel?

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't have any experience the MSX 200 but if you are looking for a skimmer around that price range, i suggest an Octopus NW-200 or an NW-150.
    If you are planning on ordering one i would suggest Aquacave as they are based out of IL and usually ship within a day or 2.

Heres a link http://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopu...r-496.html

4. Iamaxxer

Iamaxxer Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Wayne1 on 01/18/2009 02:42 PM
    I have the MSX300 on about 250 gallons of water, and it seems to do a pretty decent job. I would think that the MSX 200 would be plenty of skimmer for you. Does it come with a mesh wheel or pinwheel?