1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Skimmer meeting, please sign up here

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Oct 1, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We are going to have a Skimmer discussion on Thursday October 8th. Please post in this thread if you intend on coming. The discussion will be on different types of skimmers, how they work and why you may want one kind over another.

2. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I should be able to make it

3. John50

John50 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am putting a reminder in my electronic brain right now and barring anything unforseen will attend! Will this be at 6 pm at your office Joel?

4. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i would love to attend but have ongoing training for work that evening. Darn it!

5. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK only two come on folks! I guess maybe I should have waited until the snow came before scheduling events.

6. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope to be there but im on call soooo might not be.

7. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I would love to come and meet some more of the Des Moines area people but this whole during the week thing is killing me.

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya Gered. I have always been upfront that I live in Boone and hosting a weekend meeting in Des Moines isn't gonna happen unless someone else does it. So if anyone else will step up that would be awesome! Otherwise only weekday meetings and a weekend tank tour.

9. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just curious but what does living in Boone have anything to do with it? Not trying to be rude but thats really not that far and as often as we have meets it would not be that often. Also I think the numbers for weekend events are always better for any club saying most people work during the week and get home at night and feel like like relaxing. Just from my time being back over in the central Iowa area it is relatively dead club wise compared to the Cedar Rapids area.

I know this has been discussed as I have seen the posts about this. But just saying you can not really complain when only a few people are down for a Thursday meet. The evidence is there.

10. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actually some of the meetings have been very well attended.
    I am just trying to be upfront. I live exactly 1 hour from my office where we hold meetings. I drive this 5 days a week and also maintain an acerage. My weekends are completely packed with stuff at home and I cannot be driving two hours again. Sorry this just isn't gonna happen and I have always been upfront about this.
    You are right though this has been discussed before. As I just did, I asked anyone else to host the meetings on a weekend. Some people start talking about it but then never actually say yes I will do it (Except for Austin who hosted a meeting). Gered, feel free to host a meeting. Although I don't know that people will come up to Slater. But I think you get my point.
    There is no use arguing this like was done last year. It is pointless. The facts are there.

11. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was not arguing just putting my thoughts out there because I noticed your comment "OK only two come on folks!" Seems like you may need to sacrifice a little something if you want thing to be different. In all honesty I just see excuse after excuse. Hey just being upfront!

I wish I as in the position to hold meetings because I would but currently I can not

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll host an event or two, Joel.

Also, is there an issue with having a Friday afternoon event, just after work hours? This has probably already been discussed, but I've been out for a while.

I'll probably make the thingamajig this afternoon.

13. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Very cool Ryan, especially since I thought you were gone for good. Very happy to see you piping in. It would be great if you could come tonight to talk it over!