1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Sixline eating Zoo`s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a sixline wrasse for a couple months and he decided to jump out out of the tank, never had any problems with him never touched anything. 
    Now I got another sixline about a week ago and he seems to pick at the coral, I have/had some blue zoo's (frag 10 heads) and they are now gone (this I am not real happy about, neither is the g/f).  He swims around the area where I had the zoo's and he seems  seem to pick where they use to be.  I have a couple other colors and he hasn't touched them yet, I really don't want to loose them either so I placed them inside an plastic container in my tank for protection.
    Any thoughts?  Is he the problem?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sixlines pick at rocks; that he's picking where they USED to be probably isn't enough for conviction /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif Sorry you lost your blues... my Tubb's blues or whatever they were called withered away to nothing over a few months while all my other zoanthids flourished, so you're not alone if that's any consolation!

On the other hand, if you've only had it a week and the blues went from great to gone in that short a time, I suppose it's always possible. Now that you know to be suspicious it should be easy to keep an eye on things and make sure the fish isn't the culprit.

3. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would emerald crabs be more likely? They *seem* to work on sections of the tank and that seems to be where one is 'working' right now it also seems the coraline algae has been picked at in the same area. The more I think about it I just don't think they would be 'gone' if a fish were picking at them. I have really been keeping any eye on things since they started to disappear.