1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

sioux city

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by cbort, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    anyone in the Sioux city area or over by omaha:?

2. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am from Sioux City but moved to Des Moines a couple years ago. I travel back to town quite a bit to visit my daughter and other family so if there is ever something you wanted to purchase from one of the club members here I would be happy to bring it to town for you if you don't mind waiting until I head back.

What part of town are you from?

3. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i live right off of morningside! Very easy to find. Just moved here last month. Had lots of LFS in St. Joe Missouri and KC but can't seem to find much around here besides in DM. Thanks for the offer! that would be great! Don't know where i can score any frags around Sioux city do ya? just getting my custom 40 1/2" acrylic 24x24x15 rimless going. and she is looking pretty bare!  50lbs of rock and black sand is all that shes got so far!

4. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    welcome to the website, you should check out this thread...might be able to score some frags there
    http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/forumid/7/postid/6874/view/topic/Default.aspx

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I think Kau Cinta Kau is from there.

6. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are a couple people that post here and on RC that are in the SC area, but there are not many I'm afraid... and nothing by way of decent saltwater stores, unless something opened up in the past couple years that I have not heard about. Omaha or Sioux Falls would be the closest places probably.

You should come to the frag swap at the Blank Park zoo in April if you can.

Still not sure why you would want to move from the BBQ capitol of the midwest to Sioux City though /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

7. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    i know! the foods great! but moved for promotion! i guess i will just have to get creative on how i will stock my tank! might get expensive if i have to order online![​IMG]

8. Paper Clip

Paper Clip Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I think you already know, but I figured I'd post anyway I'm from the Sioux City area. There are a few more also, but cant remember who off the top of my head.

Justin

9. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    any frags to sell or trade? will soon be ordering some frag packs off of a couple sites mostly rics and zoos.

10. Paper Clip

Paper Clip Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope tanks still new still cycling, but i would be willing to go in on a few orders with you here soon.

11. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    sounds great! I am actually getting ready to trade a couple things in order to get a fully set up AP12 with a 70W HQI Sunpod with 20+ lbs live rock, LS, Couple toadstools, xenia, couple different polyps, and some rics. So i will have some frags to share here real soon if you want some! I mainly want the LR, LS, toadstools and rics. Will let ya know what else is in the tank and see if ur interested if your tank is ready! Most of the frag packs i am looking at are on reefgardener.com and zoanuts.com very nice rics and zoos.