1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Fest Setup & Teardown

Discussion in 'News, Events & Fests' started by Bud, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Hey everyone! We're looking for a few people to help out during setup and teardown.

The ReefingUSA crew typically pays someone they bring along to help, and their pay is covered by the admission fee. However since we wanted FREE ADMISSION (and the venue only asks for a minimum bar/food charge, which I'm 100% sure will be covered), we're looking for a few people to pitch.

Setup starts at 9 AM sharp, and we are hoping to have 2-3 people to help for probably an hour, maybe less. The more people during this time, the better. The venue doesn't open until 9 AM so the vendors will want to get in there and get setup up as fast as possible.

The other setup issue is their tables. They are geared towards corporate event meetings, so they have nice tables that don't fold up. I'll be bringing a trailer to store all the tables and chairs. This has to be done Sunday morning as they have another group in there until close on Saturday.

Once the show opens, I'm planning on running the "door" which consists of making sure everyone who enters gets a giveaway drawing ticket and a goodie bag.

Tear down will start around 4pm, and we are hoping to have 2-3 people to help again, for probably an hour.

Please post a comment if you are available! And most importantly, if you commit to a time, please do show up!

-Bud

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  2. pwfish

pwfish Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Plan to be there at 9:00.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Awesome, see you then!