1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

September Meeting *Updated*

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Fence13, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    They open at 10

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    I am so bummed that I can't make this. 3 soccer games, 1 football game, 2 birthday party, 2 sleepovers. Dang it I really wanted to meet the Shrimp Pimp.

3. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone! Had a great time I Omaha and seeing those that came and meeting new members. Should have posted earlier but hope everyone dipped or have their corals in quarantine. I saw 2 of those big round brown flatworms on the inside of one of my bags. The kind that lay on top of coral tissue. I dipped my stuff twice. Hope it is ok!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
  5. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    No flatworms for me, but I had an asterina star. The good kind I think at least but removed it and dipped.

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I hope everyone had a great time. I didn't make it after all. But the last three years I went and it was a good time.

How was the speaker on wrasses? I really wanted to hear that presentation.

7. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Yep.

8. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I bought a royal flasher an a little yellow zoa, everything looks great. dipped the zoa and it was clean as could be.

9. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    I got a purple haze monti and 200 gal boxes of Reef crystals for around $37 each. Liked the store. It was nice to see coral displays free of aiptasia, algae and browned out poop frags like in Des Moines.

10. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    The wrasse speaker was fairly drunk by the time he got up to speak so it was a very simplified scientific lesson on the origin of all the wrasses. But then he had some very nice pictures!

11. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I have been following Lemon for some time. Reading everything I can find of his so it was nice to listen to him speak. I had already read the article in reed builders that he spoke on so it was good listen to him share some of his experiences. It was a pretty relaxed day.