1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

September event - Sept 27th - Nebraska Aquatics 3rd Anniversary Bash

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Sep 13, 2014.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

What: Nebraska Aquatics 3rd Anniversary Bash

When: Saturday Sept 27th; 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Where: Nebraska Aquatics - Omaha, Nebraska

Plan to join us on a road trip to Nebraska Aquatic's annual anniversary party. Its a great store to visit, plus there will be great educational lectures throughout the day, great specials (on fish, corals, and dry goods), door prizes, food and drink.

I'll post additional details regarding the schedule as I get them. I know that Tony Vargas will be there as well as Mark Callahan " Mr Saltwater Tank"

Last year we had a number of people car pool to the event. We left Des Moines around 9 am and got home about 8pm.

If you are interested in putting together a car pool, please post here. I plan to attend, but will not be able to car pool, as I also have a wedding to attend that day in Omaha.

2. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can take 6 in my car. I'm in Ames, but can swing through whatever direction needed to pick others up. Can't wait to meet Mark Callahan, I've seen so many of his youtube videos!

3. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I'm in, and Sara is coming with me. I could probably fit one other person in my car (comfortably) if someone wanted to hitchhike with us

4. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You won't want to miss this! This Saturday: Sept 27th!

Updates & Details!

There will be amazing speakers and so much more! Don’t miss out.

Schedule for Saturday:

~8 or 9am: Carpool Meets in DSM area (Location TBD) **

11:00am - 2pm --- Open for Food, Drinks, etc.

2 - 3:00 --- Justin Credabel Grabel (MACNA Profile)

3:30-4:30 --- Tony Vargas will talk about his 300 Gallon Conversion (FB YouTube)

6:30-7:30 --- Mitch Carl will discuss the latest on the SECORE project

Time TBD: --- Julian Sprung to talk about the ESA legislation and 2nd Anniversary Bash

5. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You won't want to miss this! This Saturday: Sept 27th!

Updates & Details!

There will be amazing speakers and so much more! Don’t miss out.

Schedule for Saturday:

~8 or 9am: Carpool Meets in DSM area (Location TBD) **

11:00am - 2pm --- Open for Food, Drinks, etc.

2 - 3:00 --- Justin Credabel Grabel (MACNA Profile)

3:30-4:30 --- Tony Vargas will talk about his 300 Gallon Conversion (FB YouTube)

6:30-7:30 --- Mitch Carl will discuss the latest on the SECORE project

Time TBD: --- Julian Sprung to talk about the ESA legislation and 2nd Anniversary Bash

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Sounds like another great day.

Anyone carpooling???? I know it doesn't work for me, as I'm working a family wedding into Saturday also. But Chris (fence13) and Dan Albers - have you hooked up to potentially ride together????

I know that Justin is going also. Anyone else?????

Rumor has it that our region is going to have a couple door prizes for our members. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blink.gif Justin will be posting details regarding how/when we are going to meet at Nebraska Aquatic for that........

7. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    For anybody interested in carpooling, I will wait from 8-8:30 am in front of Scheels at Jordan Creek Mall. You will see me in a Red Dodge Journey. I've attached images with a white dot indicating where the carpool will meet. You can catch me at 815-520-1896 to let me know your coming, may come, or if you have any questions!

Jordan Creek Mall is located at:

101 Jordan Creek Pkwy

West Des Moines, IA 50266

8. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I'll be meeting everyone there. There are some errands I need to run before we head out.

9. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Have fun y'all, wish I could make it.

10. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Everybody had an amazing time! All of the speakers were phenomenal, especially if you didn't make it to MACNA this was a great opportunity for a little taste! Between all the deals, speakers, drawings, give aways, and general company, it was great! Anybody who didn't make it out should be looking forward to next year! We even got our photo with Justin Credabel!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
  11. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Everybody had an amazing time! All of the speakers were phenomenal, especially if you didn't make it to MACNA this was a great opportunity for a little taste! Between all the deals, speakers, drawings, give aways, and general company, it was great! Anybody who didn't make it out should be looking forward to next year! We even got our photo with Justin Credabel!

12. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

13. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Just an FYI for those that were there. Even though I didn't win anything in the club raffle...... Sara won the SA Wyoming White clownfish pair. SO we went back on Sunday to get them and they will have their own little biocube to swim around in now.

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Well, now I AM jealous that I didn't win anything. Boo hoo hoo.......

Congratulation to Sara for her new additions..