1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

selling a 125 gallon acrylic tank $1000

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by mike-3, Oct 15, 2008.

1. mike-3

mike-3 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have a beautiful 125 gallon fiber glass fish tank with an oak stand and canopy. We have enjoyed the tank and its beauty, but are losing interest with two full-time jobs and 4 children under 5. We have loved our tank, but now need to find a good home for our fish with owners who have the same passion for the hobby we once had.
    The tank is stocked to capacity with a Queen Angelfish, a Naso Tang, a Niger Triggerfish, and a Green Bird Wrasse, all included in the sale.
    Tank information:
    Dimensions: 6'2" long X 5'1" tall (counting the stand and canopy) X 1'7" deep
    Comes with a Berlin Triple Pass Protein Skimmer, has a sump filter underneath (no filters hanging on the back of the tank), Coralife UV filter, all decorations, a thermometer, heater, replacement bulb, and timer.
    We will also throw in all of our supplies which include some Black Diamond Carbon, a Python (hooks up to your sink and uses water pressure to pull water out of the tank into your sink for easy water changes- also allows for you to run sink water back into the tank so you don't have to haul water), a large magnet for ease of cleaning the tank, all of our food for the fish, and lots of extras. We have one or two buckets of salt that we will throw in as well.
    If you have been looking for a saltwater set up or have experience in the hobby, you are well aware of the deal we have for you. Please call 515-418-0912 for more details with contact information. Email for pictures of fish. Serious inquiries only please.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck to you :) It seems full set-ups rarely sell as a whole, you might have better luck selling things piece by piece, fish first, then rock (if there is any)....... also, no pictures? Where are you located? No powerheads or any other equipment besides the skimmer?

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you decide to part out, I would be interested in the Naso tang. PM me if interested in selling, thanks

4. mike-3

mike-3 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new here and would have loved to post pictures of the tank, but can't figure out how to upload and attach them. Can someone help?

We may have to consider parting this thing out. I need to check into one more thing thing before we do that.

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When you post, below the text box it says "attachments".  Pull down the options and you will see a button "browse".  Find the pictures you want to post on your computer, click on one.  Now hit upload.......then insert image to the right.
    [​IMG]

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The attachments feature is limited to Club Members & Sponsors. Non-members can still add images, but they have to upload the image to somewhere else first.

-JB

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet picture Fawn!!!

8. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see you took my advice off of craigslist and joined up! lol good luck with the sale!

9. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    lights, halide or compacts? Tap water in your reef tank! good luck...