1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Seen any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REEFer Madness, Mar 15, 2009.

1. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a movie fanatic and lately I've been running into some really great films.  So here's four I watched lately.
    [​IMG]
    Otis is a great flick.  For those of you tired of Saw type of movies, this movie does what Shaun of the Dead did to Zombie flicks for imprisonment movies.   It has many familiar faces including Daniel Stern (Remember Little Monsters?), so the gore is really on the down low.  It's comical for a kidnapping and imprisonment by a psychopath who just wanted to be like his big brother in high school, even though he's 40.  And that's only the first half!
    [​IMG]
    The face, attitude and one liners from Bruce are classic.  If you enjoy Army of Darkness, this movie turns up the slapstick, facial expressions, and one liners up a notch and makes it my favorite Campbell flick thus far.  A small town boy releases the Chineese God of War and can only think of his favorite B Movie hero to save his town.
    [​IMG]
    Just when I started to get stale of Jack Black and is imbecile characters.  Here comes a great comedy that has a truely heart warming ending.  A local small time video store owner goes on vacation for a week and havoc comes to the store when all the VHS tapes gets erased because Jack Black is magnitized.  So they go through making "Sweded" versions of popular movies and become a cult hit in the neighborhood.  My favorite part in the movie happens when Danny Glover researches other video stores on why they are so popular and he writes down, "More movies, less titles, employees...no knowledge needed."  Great movie that made me laugh all the way through.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We just signed up for netflix & watched Iron Man. It was awesome, if I knew it was that good I would have watched it at the theater.

Wanted & Jumper are 2 more that I thought was really good.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i liked "be kind rewind" i haven't seen the whole thing yet as i was doing other things when it was on but it was good. I really haven't seen many movies lately. Nick and Noras infinite playlist wasn't to bad. I want to see pineapple express too, it looks like it could be decent. One movie i have always liked was Garden State. i like Zach Braff's acting and Natalie Portman...i dont know who doesn't like her haha