1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Sea Hare?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FishNewb1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    does anyone have any experience with sea hares? 
    i was thinking about putting one in my tank to get rid of some of the algae
    since most of you dont know, i had a huge algae outbreak in my tank recently and the algae just keeps growing  and after about a bizzilion water changes... its still growing..

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FishNewb1, welcome to the site! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif Could you tell us a little bit more about your tank? What kind of algae do you have?

3. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i have a 55 gallon with a fuge and a corallife 65 super skimmer. I have 8 fish 3 anemones, and quite a few corals. im running 4 54w T-5HO had those bulbs for a year. i have hair algae and a ton of it. well i think i found one of my problems.. my skimmer was cloged up with carbon rocks and has been doing probly 1/10 of its normal the past month. dont think i want a sea hare anymore just gonna do more waterchanges...

4. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a large Sea Hare before it rocked at the amount of algae it ate. I had 2 dwarf ones but my peppermint shrimp liked the flavor of them and they didn't get a chance to do anything.