1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Sand sifter needed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Mar 8, 2009.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking for suggestions...  I am in need of something to help keep my sand looking better.  I seem to have flow near the sand since it moves around slightly and tends to create waves in the sand.  Would a Diamond Goby be the best option?  I have had them before, one jumped out the other died when my tank crashed.

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion, the diamond watchman goby is by far the best sand sifter. I've paid close attention to all the sand sifters and watched numerous videos and the diamond watchman is definitely the most active sifter. I have had two diamond watchman gobies and they are terrific. The first did a great job but jumped out when I was on vacation and the one I have now is sifting a ton of sand. He is just constantly digging up sand. I have a canopy now so I don't have to worry about him jumping out, as any sand sifter attempts to do. Highly recommended!

Here is vividaquariums.com's video of their diamond watchman goby:
    http://www.vividaquariums.com/video/ospotgoby.htm
    And this video isn't just a lucky clip of him sifting, it's exactly like what they do the entire day.

3. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine was awesome until it went carpet surfing.

4. ReefNinja GIRS Member

Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got a diamond watchman goby????   I would like to buy one, PM me if you know
    where I can get one.  Thanks
    ReefNinja